Beauty in The Beast: Webb 5BVK Barn Find/Conversion

Thanks - noted there is some risk factor.
Also noted - I won't screw us up if I get a good price on one. - but it is a 4040 with servo drives.
I just wanted to know the ground rules before I started pulling the trigger.
Clear.
Thanks.

Yes, it is still a 4040, the full part number for the base unit is DMC-4040-C012-I000, and as an example DMC-4040-C012-I000-D3040 would be with four 500W servo drives. You would rarely get a full part number in an eBay ad.

The particular one that I linked to did not have onboard drives.

Great.
The one you linked to was well priced.
May be the one in the end.
First I will try some lower offers on the others - and if I can't - that will be the one!

Well I opened my mouth a little too soon regarding the ruggedness of the MPG. I finally dropped mine on a concrete floor one too many times and killed the encoder. :rolleyes: Thus proved they are not indestructible. The good news is that I have a new encoder for one around here somewhere so I'll be back in business pretty quick.

Ha - well - while you were crash dummy testing your MPG, I was sending notes to 1/3 the population of China.
Lotta people over there.
Who knew.

Here is the best deal I have my hands on right now.
This is their response to my question about what exactly fair vs good condition meant.
Hello, one color is 95% new and has little use time, the price is 650 DOLLARS; the other color is 80% new, the equipment is disassembly, I don't know how long it will be used, there are obvious scratches, but the function is intact, the price is 500 dollars for you, please tell me which one you need, I will give you the purchase link, thank you‌‌‌‍‍‌‌‌‍‌‍‌‍‍‌‍‌‌‌‌‍‌‌‍‌‍‌‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‍‌‍‌‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‌
The "color" she is referring to are any marks or scratches on the outside. Honestly - I'm not sure they know. They do have a guarantee it works - and say that have tested them. Shipping is $30. So options are $680 for good and $500 for fair. Your guess as good as mine.
Then there is the one you posted a link to. They turned down all offers. That one is $549 + $87 shipping. It comes from Singapore.

Where are they pulling all of these from?
Do you have a preference on above?

A few scratches on the case would not make a difference. So I guess the cheaper of the two. Pictures are always helpful.

These are coming out of obsolete automated assembly equipment. These are very common to find in electronics manufacturing automation.

Purchased. Thanks Jim!
Can I put the machine on wheels and have it dance around the room now on two of the axis while it cuts?!
:)

Great find.
Much appreciated!!

Purchased. Thanks Jim!
Can I put the machine on wheels and have it dance around the room now on two of the axis while it cuts?!
:)

Great find.
Much appreciated!!

We can make it do something fun I think. :)

My pleasure.

Back