Beginner cutting tools to get with my lathe.

Point well taken. I’m not looking to gather unnecessary bits and I certainly don’t know anything about future project needs nor do I have unlimited funding

This has nothing to do with funding.
Your question is:

I'm about to order my first lathe (PM-1030V) and I'm trying to determine what I should get for cutting tools.

You will not know what tools you will need until you have a part to make, if indeed you do not know what you will be making there is no way to determine in advance what tool works well and no one can give you advice.
If your hobby is making pens in wood this will require different tools then making fly fishing reels in stainless.

You will not know what tools you will need until you have a part to make, if indeed you do not know what you will be making there is no way to determine in advance what tool works well and no one can give you advice.

Edwin says he will be mainly working with ...

At first i will probably be working mostly with Aluminum, Brass and various plastics.

Since this is his first lathe and he needs to learn basic lathe operations like turning and facing, can we not give him a basic idea of the tools that will allow him to do that? Personally, I see nothing wrong with turning a piece of stock into chips while he learns to use the lathe and basic turning/parting tools will allow that.

Back