Behold Upon My Big Rare Rusty Vise

Yup, that would be awesome. Unfortunately (actually I shouldn't say unfortunately), I have a 10 year old son and 20 year old daughter (who UNFORTUNATELY doesn't want to move out). I'd have to find a 1-in-a-San-Francisco-Bay-Area-Billion ultra cheap open space for me to afford it. Or, I can be a typical Asian woman and find me a rich old white guy to take care of me, lol. Btw, I'm Asian, so I can say this ;-) . Btw, if I offended anyone, please let me know. I was just joking, but will refrain in the future if my sense if humor offends anyone.

I don't know how anyone could be offended by your statement. One thing good from my tour of Vietnam was that I got to meet many Asian people who I respect and admire. They would give you the shirt off their back if you asked. They worked hard and were always pleasant to me. I had many friends and do miss them. If they asked for anything I would be the first to help.

I think it is wonderful that some women like the the metal/mechanical crafts. Please keep up with you dreams and continue to be part of this great forum.

Roy

I don't know how anyone could be offended by your statement. One thing good from my tour of Vietnam was that I got to meet many Asian people who I respect and admire. They would give you the shirt off their back if you asked. They worked hard and were always pleasant to me. I had many friends and do miss them. If they asked for anything I would be the first to help.

I think it is wonderful that some women like the the metal/mechanical crafts. Please keep up with you dreams and continue to be part of this great forum.

Roy
Thanks for your supportive post, Roy. Although I have no connection to Vietnamese people at all, I appreciate your sentiment :) . I am actually the opposite of what people assume I am due to my ethnicity. When I was younger, I tried to emulate other Asian women in the workplace when I worked in the accounting (ugh, yes, accounting) dept. Of a Chinese import company. However, now that I am older, I don't care what people think. I am who I am, whitewashed asian banana, who is into metalworking simply to do what I really want during the 2nd half of my life (aka mid-life crisis). I am going full throttle with the machinery I have because my attitude is that, if I am going to make a workshop, I might as well make it amazingly awesome.

Hi Susan. You should join the CBA and go to some of their events. You can bring your children, if they can get engaged. As mentioned above, your daughter can learn striking. The blacksmith that Richard mentioned earlier, Jim, is a fine person, and he could teach you a lot. You could meet him at Oktoberfest.

Hi Susan. You should join the CBA and go to some of their events. You can bring your children, if they can get engaged. As mentioned above, your daughter can learn striking. The blacksmith that Richard mentioned earlier, Jim, is a fine person, and he could teach you a lot. You could meet him at Oktoberfest.
Thank you Eric. I will check it out online. As for my daughter. Even though she is 20, she still is in her rebellious stage. Plus, she has severe adhd and is bipolar. The last thing I would want her around are sharp metal objects or a sledgehamner, lol. Hence, for now, I am the only in my workshop. I am really hoping my son, who has high functioning autism, will eventually take a liking to either woodworking or metalworking. Right now, at age 10, he is only interested in video games.

Thank you everyone for all your supportive nice posts. I must move on to post another thread about vfd's. :)

Well, considering it's so heavy that I can't even restore this vise without having to beg for a man's help, this vise will be sold very soon...

Back