Belt Ginder Bearings

customchris

Registered
Registered
I am looking for bearings for a belt grinder I want to make. I would like to make my own wheels. I have looked at some home made belt grindrers and I have not seen a lot about the bearings used to press in the wheels. If you guys have made your own grinder wheels before can you tell me what bearings you used for the wheels.

yea they want $10 for one that is way to high for a bearing of that size. I was hoping you guys would know what to look for in bearings ..Like what style ball or roller. and a place to get them cheap.

yea they want $10 for one that is way to high for a bearing of that size. I was hoping you guys would know what to look for in bearings ..Like what style ball or roller. and a place to get them cheap.
10 bucks isn't that bad. If you were buying some exotic high tolerance bearing you would be paying around 100-1000+ the R8 bearing listed there is pretty generic. I buy bearings from VXB. They carry all the same stuff in a multitude of precision options. the main thing I would consider for bearings on any grinding tool is the dust cover seal, thats a must. outside of that its a belt grinder so high tolerance is not really an issue. Any sealed deep groove radial ball bearing of the appropriate size will do. perhaps 2 of these on each wheel will do? http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/MR6001-2RS

Yea that is a good price on those. 2 per wheel with 4 wheels only looking at $20 or so.. that is better than $80 for 8
Thanks Dracozny

Back