Belt Grinder

Belt Grinder.JPG

I finally got my grinder put together. Now i wonder how I lived without it.

Looks really nice. What do you have for a motor?

Looks really nice. What do you have for a motor?
ddickey
It is a single speed 1750 rpm motor 1.5 HP. I change my shop around as equipment changes and wanted to run on 110 volts and 15 amp circuit if need be.
I wanted a VFD motor and controller but didn't have the funds. I got tired of using my HF chepo grinder so I threw the motor on there, what a difference to have something with power.

Thanks Hal H it was a last minute color change. was going to be silver.

Must have been the wee folk whispering in yer ear on Saint Patty's day eve. May the luck o' the Irish be with ya in all your grinding endeavors. Nice looking rig. Cheers, Mike

Thanks Hal H it was a last minute color change. was going to be silver.

You can also horizontal grinder on this Reeder I'm looking at. Don't know if I'd ever use it in that position. Was wondering if the rigidity is compromised due to a smaller base plate.

the compromise is to use a hinge instead of direct bolting to the table. You can choose to do it either way, but having the whole machine have that small movement won't affect the grinding ability.

Started putting my new Reeder grinder together, finally.
A couple things I instantly noticed. The base mount are 1/4" holes. To me that looks to small. Maybe not as there are six holes. Countersunk would've looked nice too. The four holes for the screws to mount the motor are to narrow for the 3/8-16 required. Should I be a little PO'd about this?

almost all 56 frame motor bases are slotted for 5/16" bolts

It's a USA made Leeson. I wonder why it would be larger.

Back