Belt Part Number

Ray C

Registered
Registered
Does anyone happen to know the exact size or part number for the Harbor Freight 4x6 horizontal saw drive belt? After 7-8 years of hard labor, mine is about to bite the dust. If you happen to know a part number, I'm not fussy about what brand it is. I'm open to using an adjustable linked belt if someone could point me in the direction of one that will fit for this application.

Ray

if you've got an old belt you can do a destructive test. Cut the belt cleanly, once. Stretch it out on the bench or floor and use a tape measure to find the belts length. You also need to measure the width. Keep in mind the belt could be Metric or fractional. You can take those measurements to any auto supply store and match something up. Most machinery has enough leeway to use either one. It's getting a lot easier to find Metric nowadays.

Mine has a A22 belt on it.

just bring the belt to a tractor supply , napa , or other auto place. it's easy enough to size up.
I prefer a cog/tooth type belt these days. They are noisier but they don't vibrate like a solid does.

I measure belt length by making a mark on the outside of the belt. I align the 2" mark of a tape rule with the mark on the belt and holding that position, run the belt under the rule, leapfrogging the grip as I go. When I get back to the mark, I note the reading and subtract two inches to get the belt length. This should give you a belt length within an 1/8". Keep in mind that belts vee belts stretch somewhat with age.

If the belt is still intact, you could take it into a shop that sells belts. They usually have a gizmo to measure the belt length.

Harbor Freight has the link belts. That would be my choice.

Back