Bench Grinder Giving Off Bad Vibes...

Right on! I did a lot of stuff to make my grinder better but nothing really worked. I've got high hopes for this though!

The Oneway kit arrived finally! I haven’t messed with it yet but all the parts look nicely made.

Hey! I finally balanced my grinder! All it took was a global pandemic to get me to do it.

Man I had great results! The grinder has never run this smooth. It doesn't walk around at all. And bonus, it's way quieter! I appreciate that a lot.

I have one issue though. Now the grinder runs very well but the wheels are still slight eccentric. If I dress them to be true, will I have to balance again? Not that it's hard to do the balancing process...

It just that even though the machine runs well the actual grinding of pieces is still kind of shaky since the wheels are eccentric.

I did end up chucking up the wheels in the lathe to dress them. Just used a 1/2" all thread in a collet chuck and held the diamond dresser in a tool holder. Faced the wheels with the carriage.

Of course I had to rebalance but they came out perfect!

Here's a short vid of it running. It's never been so smooth and quiet.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with this! I'm really happy with the results!

Back