• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

[4]

Bench Master parts

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

westsailpat

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I 'm on the look out for a Bench Master vertical head , or a complete vert . head machine . Any ideas ?

There's been a few on craigslist around NJ & Pennsylvania , should I look for you? I have posted them on here at times.

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
I sold a BenchMaster for a friend, and got him a lot of money for it. I did some clean up work on it before advertising it. I was less than impressed with the machine. It was in some ways stouter than the Asian mills, but just as crude. Just my opinion based on selling one, I never have cut metal with one.

westsailpat

Hi @Sliverbullet , sure I would very much like that . Thank you . @ Dave Paine I saw that , I have to admit I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw it . But thanks anyway !

Ill look some more then I cked yesterday and put some machines on. There have been several on tho recently.

westsailpat

That's interesting Silverbullet , in my area there is not to much . Thanks .

Dave Paine

In another thread someone, may have been BG Hansen had a link to a search engine for Craigslist, Ebay, Amazon. Very useful. Give this a try.

Search Tempest

westsailpat

Sliverbullet , thanks bro . Yes I will need a drool bucket for that pic . Dave thanks for that link , I appreciate that .(book marked) A bit about my quest , first the Bench Master is very visually appealing to me not to mention the fact that my work space is fairly limited no make that extremely limited . Not to mention I have to share the room with house hold goods . I think though if I engineer it I could get the house hold goods relocated and Ms.westsail would understand . Anyhow back to the Bench Master , I realize it is a very limited machine and that I will still need my drill press . But here is a important need that the Bench Master fills , it's quiet . As you know it's all belt driven as is my lathe and my drill press . I share a wall with my neighbor , we live in a 55 and older community in sort of a townhouse set up , but a townhouse has a garage and we don't have one . I need to be quiet within reason . A Bench master came up for sale just a few miles from me . It's a horizontal , It's missing a lot of attachments like cutter arbor , arbor supports and the motor mount has been has been modified to the point of looking like needing to be replaced , but it does have a nice stand . The guy want's $650. I'm thinking that's not a unrealistic price given the fact that I have seen them go for $1500 . But that is for a complete vertical machine . Well anyhow i'm trying to just have fun with this search and not to push it but in a few more months my SS will kick in and I think the Ms. will let me have some of it.

I found one and listed it on here , it's complete with h an v cutting, table feed. Much more . Its near me on east coast.

[6]
[5] [7]