[4]

Bench Master parts

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

westsailpat

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I 'm on the look out for a Bench Master vertical head , or a complete vert . head machine . Any ideas ?

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
There's been a few on craigslist around NJ & Pennsylvania , should I look for you? I have posted them on here at times.

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
I sold a BenchMaster for a friend, and got him a lot of money for it. I did some clean up work on it before advertising it. I was less than impressed with the machine. It was in some ways stouter than the Asian mills, but just as crude. Just my opinion based on selling one, I never have cut metal with one.

westsailpat

Hi @Sliverbullet , sure I would very much like that . Thank you . @ Dave Paine I saw that , I have to admit I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw it . But thanks anyway !

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
Ill look some more then I cked yesterday and put some machines on. There have been several on tho recently.

westsailpat

That's interesting Silverbullet , in my area there is not to much . Thanks .

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
That's interesting Silverbullet , in my area there is not to much . Thanks .
Over the last few months I've found three or more . When Bill was getting his mill I found two then. One looked really good and had good prices.

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
Here's a picture I saved from one , not trying to make you drool or Nothing. 00B0B_9ldRbebhfg4_600x450.jpg

Dave Paine

Brass
Registered
In another thread someone, may have been BG Hansen had a link to a search engine for Craigslist, Ebay, Amazon. Very useful. Give this a try.

Search Tempest

westsailpat

Sliverbullet , thanks bro . Yes I will need a drool bucket for that pic . Dave thanks for that link , I appreciate that .(book marked) A bit about my quest , first the Bench Master is very visually appealing to me not to mention the fact that my work space is fairly limited no make that extremely limited . Not to mention I have to share the room with house hold goods . I think though if I engineer it I could get the house hold goods relocated and Ms.westsail would understand . Anyhow back to the Bench Master , I realize it is a very limited machine and that I will still need my drill press . But here is a important need that the Bench Master fills , it's quiet . As you know it's all belt driven as is my lathe and my drill press . I share a wall with my neighbor , we live in a 55 and older community in sort of a townhouse set up , but a townhouse has a garage and we don't have one . I need to be quiet within reason . A Bench master came up for sale just a few miles from me . It's a horizontal , It's missing a lot of attachments like cutter arbor , arbor supports and the motor mount has been has been modified to the point of looking like needing to be replaced , but it does have a nice stand . The guy want's $650. I'm thinking that's not a unrealistic price given the fact that I have seen them go for $1500 . But that is for a complete vertical machine . Well anyhow i'm trying to just have fun with this search and not to push it but in a few more months my SS will kick in and I think the Ms. will let me have some of it.

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
I found one and listed it on here , it's complete with h an v cutting, table feed. Much more . Its near me on east coast.

westsailpat

I have sort of given up on finding a vertical Benchmaster at a decent price near me . I'll still be looking . Prices are too high for my wallet , fairly every machine that comes up sells for over a K and doesn't sit around for very long . I'm not bummed out about it , in fact I say great . I don't like to see prices get depressed . One thing I don't like to see is when a person has a machine and then takes it all apart and sells it bit by bit at inflated prices . It bothers me but it's not my stuff and it's none of my business . Here is a example of what I'm talking about .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BenchMaste...h=item33f813b4f1:g:BcEAAOSwcBRb01fw:rk:3:pf:0
This guy has pretty much the whole machine for sale bit by bit .
1542391775385.png

Daughty

Registered
I have sort of given up on finding a vertical Benchmaster at a decent price near me . I'll still be looking . Prices are too high for my wallet , fairly every machine that comes up sells for over a K and doesn't sit around for very long . I'm not bummed out about it , in fact I say great . I don't like to see prices get depressed . One thing I don't like to see is when a person has a machine and then takes it all apart and sells it bit by bit at inflated prices . It bothers me but it's not my stuff and it's none of my business . Here is a example of what I'm talking about .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BenchMaste...h=item33f813b4f1:g:BcEAAOSwcBRb01fw:rk:3:pf:0
This guy has pretty much the whole machine for sale bit by bit .
View attachment 279897

I've been watching that as well, I was wanting the pulley and the motor mount and he wanted 150 for them both. I also want the vertical attachment but I'm not paying 300++ for it

[6]
[5] [7]