Eddy, In those six years how often have you rearranged the machines? And, what color top would you chose now? Does the rail fill up with debris? You can get covers to snap in the exposed rail. It is made of plastic and just snap in and out. Makes for a nice clean look. I used on my overhead lights mounting.

View attachment 482577

Wow Randy, your shop looks awesome!!!

Yes, I have rearranged the machines for various reasons, removed and put them back for use in the field etc. Most commonly, I move the work supports/stops & extend the saws out for cutting long work. I recently added a Wilton vise, I restored.

Ah, probably something more industrial looking, like a grey or metallic color. I knew I would lament the choice when I built the bench. At that time I was only coming up here on the weekends, my shop time was limited. The formica I used was in stock at the Depot, so it meant getting the project done that weekend or putting it off for another week or more...

Debris are are not really a problem as the vacuum cleaner easily gets it all out. Occasionally, a screw, drill or small tool does fall in there but it's really not a big deal to retrieve them as the channels are shallow. I thought about making fillers in the beginning but I don't really use the bench for assembly work so it's not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Back