Best Dial Test Indictor for the Money

I am posting this thread here because the folks here seem to more represent my philosophy and what I am interested in than other segments. If I am posting here improperly, please accept my apologies. I am an attorney and therefore impaired.

I am in the process of building a shop and equipping it with a lathe and milling machine. Obviously, I am going to need several dial indicators in both 0.0005 and 0.0001 configurations. I already have several 0.001 indicators. The prices for dial test indicators are all over the map. I am of the opinion that you never go wrong by buying quality, but price and name brand do not always indicate quality. My question is this:

What is the best dial test indicator for the money?

Thanks for your response(s) and I realize that this is a "newbie" question.
I have found that I like Dasqua products, good price for good quality. https://www.dasquatools.com/

This discussion started almost 7 years ago and the title is relevant to my needs now. The cheap test indicator I acquired when starting this hobby (six years ago) has died. My requirements are not that great. A indicator with 0.0005 graduations and a 0.03" range will do nicely. I can't see spending >$200 for a Starrett, a Tesa, LastWord, Interapid, or a high end Mitutoyo. Nor am I going to go for the cheaper ones. So, any recommendations for a $150-$200 indicator. Mid range Mitutoyo, Fowler, or ???? I am not abusive, but nor am I obsessively careful. So, ruggedness and reliability are important. Thanks...............
I have been very happy with my SHARS’s: they come in a variety of flavors with 0.0005” 15/0/15, including large dial and vertical, all in the $40 - $70 range. They are consistent, accurate (when checked on a stand with gage blocks) and don’t hurt as much when dropped as it would if it were my 0.001” Mitu.

I think he's looking for metric .

I think he's looking for metric .
I think starr256's post was looking for imperial. He said 0.0005" with a 0.030" travel, hence my link.

Back