Best find of the month, year decade....

Sorry bouys and girls,but I am not done. I went back yesterday and picked up these two 10' 3jaw Fuerda chinese chucks, QCTP, and these odds and ends also for $27. They are still in very good shape, sadly missing the outer claming jaws,basically no slop in them. One is a a camlock and the other work with the studs and sliding ring wich is in a better condition than my 3jaw. The other one I will clean up and sell and get back all my money and more.
So the end of it is I paid $54 for $2 740 worth of tooling if I would buy it now here in my area. How blessed am I.
20181102_075602.jpg
20181102_075650.jpg
20181102_075711.jpg
1541138650574-1479921515.jpg
1541138922551-294814207.jpg

What scrap yard is this? I'm also from Cape Town.

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

As if he is going to tell you!! LOL. That would be like revealing where your favorite fishing hole is that you caught the worlds largest bass in.

I actually scrolled back up after reading his first post to see if he was close to me. Only a half a world away... Drats.

Cool score!
I really gotta get to the scrap yards more often.

No I don't mind kissing and telling. I am actually in Wellington in the Boland. I am going to sell one of the chucks,wich is in near perfect condition. I have open it,cleaned and greased it. I really don't know why it was chucked, parden the pun:laughing: I just want to make it shiny again.Kobus if you are interested in buying the chuck. You can PM me and we can talk. But I must add I just don't do business on Sundays. The other stuff I won't be letting go of though. Let me know and we can talk.

Michael

I am a
Cool score!
I really gotta get to the scrap yards more often.
I am also surprised at what you can pick up for next to nothing at the scrapyard. I just don't get too much time to do so. Luckily my father in law lives walking distance from it and He spendsa lot of time there looking for something.

Back