Best Place to Buy Way Oil in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

CT129guy

Registered
Registered
Hi All. Wondering if anyone know where Way Oil can be purchased in Edmonton in less than 5 gallon pails. By my estimation 5 gallons would last me 73.6239 years (give or take ;) )

Looking for maybe 1 liter / quart sizes.

Thanks in advance.

I like the one gallon Mobil Vactra series for both way oil and spindle oil from MSC supply -- Jack

Does anyone know where to to buy that in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada? Web searches seem to turn up nothing.

Supposedly Blue Water Group distributes Mobil industrial lubes. They have an outlet on the Yellowhead Trail NW but I'm thinking the odds of getting only a litre of the stuff are slim to nil. Know anybody in the oil patch that can get you some?

Otherwise it's probably mail order. Same problem here, nobody stocks any.

-frank

Will check with blue water group Monday. I could live with one gallon size as well. 5 gallon just seems excessive. Do not know anybody in the patch anymore. It's funny (not really) that places that sell these small hobby machines around here (Busy Bee, KMS Tools, Princess Auto, etc.) would not also sell way oil.

Yeah I know, I could never see the logic in that other than maybe low demand. KBC Tools sells way oil in gallons -- I think it's called "Eez" or something like that -- but I don't know what it's like. Closest outlet to you would be Vancouver, but they ship pretty quick.

-frank

Check around, there maybe other members in your area that could buy in, or check at the local college/machine shops to see where they are buying or buy a gallon of it.
Pierre

I used summer weight chainsaw bar oil for years. Seams to work fine but the Hardinge required 20 wt so I bought a pail of way oil a couple of years back, with two lathes, the shaper, a surface grinder and the mill its amazing how fast it disappears.
Works great on a lot of outdoor equipment, the tackifiers seam to hold it in joints where regular oil would run off.

Greg

I've been using hydraulic oil iso 32 works great. My former employer has a large machine shop 15 + lathes 5 CNC lathes and mills thats all they use. Readily available at Canadian Tire or any hydraulics shop, it's sticky enough not to attract too much swarf

I used to add a little STP to ISO 46 oil to give it some tackifiers so the oil would stay on the ways.

Back