Best Sealer For Gasoline

Yes, I'm sorry. It is a hard anodize, and is a little less common and not practical to do at home like the more commonly seen anodize. It is somewhat abrasion resistant and has good corrosive resistance as well. I would need to consult my literature for specifics against Ethanol, I'm just going from memory. I'd look at it, I believe. Most any commercial anodizing outfit can do it.
Over the winter I'll tear down the fuel systems and see if I can find someone to do the type III class 2 anodizing. Thanks,
Ed P

- - - Updated - - -

Making new parts out of stainless would be my suggestion also.
This would be the equivalent of fabricating a stainless steel carburetor, heat exchanger, and multiport fuel rail. If even possible, it would likely cost more than both motors and the boat.

Available at Home Depot.

"Billy G"

SealAlel.jpg

Where I live we can get premium fuel and it does not contain ethanol. Perhaps switching fuel would be a better solution?

Friends that have boats, use premium and avoid the altered fuel as much as possible. Even glass tanks have a short lifespan with oxygenated fuels.
Pierre

Friends that have boats, use premium and avoid the altered fuel as much as possible. Even glass tanks have a short lifespan with oxygenated fuels.
Pierre
WoW! I forgot about this old thread but I DID solve my ethanol problem. I took the fuel rail and Vapor Separator Tank and machined the integral brass parts out of them so just aluminum remained. I threaded the press fit holes that remained after the brass parts were removed. I brought them to an industrial finishes company and got them hard anodized. When I got them back I made new threaded brass parts to replace the OEM press fit ones. I put it all together and it's been 7 years now with no problems.

Attachments

• DSC_1014.JPG
    DSC_1014.JPG
    769.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_1073.JPG
    DSC_1073.JPG
    730 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_1077.JPG
    DSC_1077.JPG
    692 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_1095.JPG
    DSC_1095.JPG
    742.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_1111.JPG
    DSC_1111.JPG
    329.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_1136.JPG
    DSC_1136.JPG
    705.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_1139.JPG
    DSC_1139.JPG
    683.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Go to any Aircraft Supply. I think it is called PRC. I’ve used it for years and it doesn’t break down. Also used it to seal the hull of a 50 year old aluminum boat. It’s 2 part and has a working time of about 30 min. Treat it like silicone sealant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back