Best way to unload a Bridgeport from back of truck

Unless your neighbor has a big assed 8xx series or better - that was a risky endeavor.
Load of dirt or stone down low, fine, using it for lifting, it would be at it design limits.
But then that is why they engineer in a safety factor.

Yes , he has a large machine with forks for his business . We just lifted them off the trailer bed and pulled the trailer out . Lowered them and then pushed them all into the garage . Did just the opposite when I sold them . One of the BPorts went home in the back of a pick up . 1/2 ton POS with the tires spewing air . Now THAT I call a risk ! He called when he made it back to his place . I had my doubts he was going to make it .

Neighbor has John deer tractor with fork attachment..maybe.have to ask capacity..guy I'm getting mill from is bringing from Florida when he picks up some furniture..in box truck.wish it was a flatbed.is what it is..lots of good ideas.didnt think of neighbors.if John deer doesn't pan out a boom type wrecker might ..thanks

I drove my Bridgeport home with my F-150...... I had the Bridgeport loaded on a pallet, borrowed a pallet jack from a friend stuck the pallet jack under the bridgeport on the back of my truck and then called a Flatbed tow truck, they pulled up to my bed winched the pallet jack over to the tow truck and then he set it down in my drive way, paid the guy $65...... I've set 7 machines down like this....

too bad you live so far away---you could use my small Payloader with forks or my a-frame hoist and chain hoist----I also have a IH tractor with 2000 series loader that would easily unload your mill----your neighbor with a tractor and loader with forks would work great as long as it isn't too small of a tractor----main thing is to be careful and not rush unloading---Dave

This is how I do it. A 9x42 BP is about 2100 lbs, that's a 3500lb machine on the forks. Kidding aside, I really do recommend at least a 5000 lb forklift. But I also like @Cooter Brown 's idea above also.

1542946122329.png

For lifting, the Bridgeport is threaded for a lift ring in the arm or ram or whatever it’s called. Don’t recall the thread size offhand, but buy or borrow a ring...makes life much simpler compared to straps, I found.

In my case I had a low door header problem and I had to remove everything above the round turret, bring it in only as far as a rented forklift could reach, and then set it on a pallet jack to position in the shop and use an engine hoist to replace the whole top assembly.

Removing the mill will be left to my heirs.

Back