Better portable bandsaw blades

Thanks, they might be my next choice if my local supplier ever gets stock.
I’ve bought Starrett blades from KMS but I’m not sure if they have any right now or not. I know you use them. I was out at The Edge a while ago though and they had blades hanging on the wall. Don’t know if they were factory or if they make them up as needed, might be a worth a call if you haven’t already. The old Island Saw used to make good ones but they are long past…

David:
I am using these Lenox blades on my DIY "SWAG" set up and they work quite well on the mild steel and aluminum that I most often cut, FWIW.
Bill
Thanks Bill.
I’ve bought Starrett blades from KMS but I’m not sure if they have any right now or not. I know you use them. I was out at The Edge a while ago though and they had blades hanging on the wall. Don’t know if they were factory or if they make them up as needed, might be a worth a call if you haven’t already. The old Island Saw used to make good ones but they are long past…
These folks?

When cutting thin material, remember that if you keep your blade at an angle (along the plane of the cut, while making the cut square) it has the effect of making the saw cut thicker material. For instance, holding the saw at a 45 degree angle to the material makes the saw engage 1.41 times the material as cutting from a 90 degree angle. At a 30 degree angle, it engages twice the material.

In other words, if you hold the saw right, you can cut 1/8" thick material with a blade designed for 1/4" thick material. The key is starting gently with very light feed until the maximum number of teeth are engaged. The same with ending the cut.

There blades get good reviews, they appear to make different blade versions, their higher end blades (MasterCobalt) adds cobalt to the steel which should make it a bit tougher. Their retail price is around $9 vs. the standard which is about $1 less. I have striped a few teeth from my bandsaw blade when it bounced off the metal, It was the OEM Asian blade that was not very good. Replaced with a Lenox bi-metal blade that has held up well, I also have a back-up Bahco cobalt blade that I have used in the past and worked well.
1654006503633.png

Good morning, I've been buying blades for my Famco 612 (108") from LA Cutting Products for a few years now and they have out preformed other brands tremendously. Give them a shot, I think you'll be surprised. www.lacuttingproducts.com

I have been using the Milwaukee bimetal blades on the Portaband, and they work well. I am careful, and that helps. I've been using the 10/14 blades. I also go slow on the speed.

I buy 10 TPI bimetal blades from the local welding supply for my old Rigid cutoff saw. I have to be careful when cutting angle and shapes because of the coarse tooth count, but if I am careful, they last a long time. I try to cut angle with the portable for this reason. I keep the speed on the slowest setting, too.

I have been using the Milwaukee bimetal blades on the Portaband, and they work well. I am careful, and that helps. I've been using the 10/14 blades. I also go slow on the speed.

I buy 10 TPI bimetal blades from the local welding supply for my old Rigid cutoff saw. I have to be careful when cutting angle and shapes because of the coarse tooth count, but if I am careful, they last a long time. I try to cut angle with the portable for this reason. I keep the speed on the slowest setting, too.
Hi, I found Milwaukee brand the best for my 44 7/8" Milwaukee portable saw. Tried Lenox and think the Milwaukee cut and lasted longer.

I just went and checked. Portable band saw I use Master Morse, Band saw stationary I use Supercut.

Attachments

• IMG_1742.heic
    883.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1743.heic
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
I have a Milwaukee portaband with Lennox blades showing up soon, I’ll let you know my initial impression.

Back