BetterHalf scores treadmill

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My Honey has been on the lookout for them when she's out Estate Sale'ing.
Yesterday she scored a short wheel base model. A Proform Crosswalk 325x and it runs and it has incline.
Only downside is that she was of course in her car and didn't have my truck, so now I'm going to go make a 20mi drive to pick it up.
I was kicking around last night if I should clean it up and use it for cardio exercise or strip it down and see what part's it has.
My Logan is in desperate need of a motor transplant and I already have the parts off of two up in the attic...

1543772165549.png

Good score..if you look for treadmills with a knob or slide switch for speed control you'll get one with a mc 30-60-70 controller..commercial type treadmills will have much larger motors and a lot of times KB controllers..some have 3 phase.motors....Baldor incline motors. ac or dc...I've ended up with a box full of mc2100 controllers I don't have the smarts to use..I like variable speed..

It has an MC-60 rev.K1.
Had to disassemble it to get it out of the basement.
I took this one apart a bit more carefully than the other two. The other two have MC controllers also but one of them got rained on.
Need to do something for my Logan. Both of my lathes seem to be 'wanting to go needy' this past month.
I believe I'll go start digging through all the 'Treadmill' threads around here...

1543795781822.png
**** Poor pict I grabbed while taking it apart. Metal pulley though.
1543795871673.png

Many posts on hm bout mc60 and motors.lots of good info..

One of my early Youtube videos shows how I wired up one of those controllers. I have the mc60 controller and motor on my junk Craftsman wood bandsaw(so I can cut steel and yes I use the proper blade for it). Still works like a champ. I also have one on my old Delta benchtop drill press. It's really not strong enough for larger drill bits at slow speeds. But, I hardly use it anymore now that I have my Wells-Index milling machine. I had one on my tiny Jefferson Horizontal mill before I sold it, too. Wish I had swapped motors from the Jefferson to the drill press before I sold it. It was a proper Leeson 1hp DC motor from an ancient treadmill(that treadmill had a wood frame), not the weird treadmill hp ratings that alot of the newer ones have.

Here are some videos that might help:

I apologize about the quality of this video, it was one of my first.

Here is the video of when I wired up my Jefferson mill. It also included some nice features such as rpm gauge and a toggle on/off that avoids the hassle of having to turn the potentiometer back and forth every time you shut the motor off.

Last edited:
Back