BFT (Best Friend Today)

I got a nasty 2nd degree burn a few months ago. As others mentioned I stuck my hand in cold water/ice for about 30 minutes while I researched whether I should get it tended to. The interwebs made me think I probably should, especially since I'd been digging in a dirty pond before it happened, so the chance of infection was pretty high. Went to Urgent Care and left with silver sulfamate cream and a bandage. This stuff is amazing--took all the sting out of the burn, and within 4 days it was totally healed, only a slight stain from the silver which faded over a couple weeks.

I got a nasty 2nd degree burn a few months ago. As others mentioned I stuck my hand in cold water/ice for about 30 minutes while I researched whether I should get it tended to. The interwebs made me think I probably should, especially since I'd been digging in a dirty pond before it happened, so the chance of infection was pretty high. Went to Urgent Care and left with silver sulfamate cream and a bandage. This stuff is amazing--took all the sting out of the burn, and within 4 days it was totally healed, only a slight stain from the silver which faded over a couple weeks.

Usually silver sulfadiazine is used for burn treatments. The trade name is Silvadene but the patent has run out and available generically now.
I looked up silver sulfamate and it appears to be used for metal plating mostly. More than likely, you were treated with silver sulfadiazine.

Usually silver sulfadiazine is used for burn treatments. The trade name is Silvadene but the patent has run out and available generically now.
I looked up silver sulfamate and it appears to be used for metal plating mostly. More than likely, you were treated with silver sulfadiazine.
Yep you are right, it was silver sulfadiazine. Thanks!

i used to use alo but it gave me ED so i quit using it.

Back