Bicycle Safety: 3D Printed Flashlight Holder

Thank you @C-Bag for your input, it's always appreciated!!!
Hi @savarin , thanks for PM and the info about the moonseat and recumbents!!!
Thanks @bill70j for the idea about the blinkies and camera!!!!

thanks to all who have read!!!

Thanks for sharing your adventures in 3d printing Doc. I’ll admit there have been times when the ability to just conjure up a piece to fix something has made that rabbit poke his head out of its hole and beckon me. But I’m just too swamped with projects already to follow him down. But it’s fun to see what you come up with!

Thanks for sharing your adventures in 3d printing Doc. I’ll admit there have been times when the ability to just conjure up a piece to fix something has made that rabbit poke his head out of its hole and beckon me. But I’m just too swamped with projects already to follow him down. But it’s fun to see what you come up with!
Really, the pleasure comes when a creation actually works!!! :grin big:
i appreciate the exchange of knowledge with likeminded folks
within the same capsule of people, there are many views on how to find solution to common problems
we all gain collective strength in the process.
thank you for being part of the solutions :cool:

as promised, i have developed and printed the second version of a flashlight holder
this flashlight uses very small watch type batteries to power 3 small, but, bright lights.
the design actually worked on the first attempt!!!!!
Whoopie!!!!

here's pix...

IMG_4631.jpg
IMG_4630.jpg

Trial Tonight!!!!

very very neat all round Mike! We aren't getting any younger and biking is a great way to exercise. If you need any bike maintenance tips give me a shout, I can fix almost anything bike related.

Also agree with the tail light comments. This is one of the 3 tail lights I use (it's clipped to my camelbak):

had it for 4 years and ridden ~25,000 miles with it without any issues. You can get brighter versions too. The "on-and-flashing" mode is a winner, especially if you only use one light. It's always on at a lower level (so motorists can judge how far away you are) and flashes to a brighter level (attention grabbing).

Here are two of my 3 front lights (other one is on my helmet). The black one I made a while back and the other I made 8 or 9 years ago.
great lighting Matt!!
25000 miles??? Damn that's some time in the saddle!!! :eagerness:

Really, the pleasure comes when a creation actually works!!! :grin big:
i appreciate the exchange of knowledge with likeminded folks
within the same capsule of people, there are many views on how to find solution to common problems
we all gain collective strength in the process.
thank you for being part of the solutions :cool:
I learn so much here.
The project I’ve been gathering equipment and knowledge on is fabbing a body for my bent to make a velomobile. The intersection of my love of forming sheet metal and riding my bent.
So while you are going future digital with the 3d printing I’m going back to how they manually formed sheetmetal by hand.
I have a neighbor who’s also deep into the electric power for bikes and I’d like to add a booster to the velo even though they swear you don’t need it because the slick aerodynamics. But that slickness don’t work on hills. And I already get a great workout pedaling that thing up that huge grade here without the added weight of a aluminum body.

great lighting Matt!!
25000 miles??? Damn that's some time in the saddle!!! :eagerness:
thanks Mike, you can never have enough lights although 3 front and rear seems to do the trick :)

Mileage would have been higher if Covid and being unemployed last semester hadn't happened. Before Covid I was doing 1000 miles a month (50 per day) so the miles rack up quickly! Now it's only 50-100 miles a week, but I now have time (and energy!) to go mountainbiking as well.

In my early 70s and swim 2X week and ride a bike 5x week for about 3 miles, altho its all flat it gets the body moving and keeps the wieght down. well sorta.............eating right and xersize on a daily basis will keep ya vertical till its time to check out

I've biked for years. I just enjoy the process. Our city has a fairly decent set of paved bike trails with some rural ones with fine crushed rock. My well worn Trek has an aluminum bracket I made for an LED flashlight. A plastic LED tail light with 5 or 6 patterns it will display. The LED lights are surprisingly bright. A few weeks ago I bought a pedal assist E-bike. The 11 mile trip to the shop was wearing on me. With 5 levels of assist and pure electric available I can tailor my level of effort to the level of ambition of the day. I like the E-bike. The furthest I've gone in one Sunday afternoon trip is 35 miles. Wasn't worn out (completely.) Bike claims 47 miles range using pedal assist (they don't say how much assist!) I'm 79 and diabetic, I think my activity level has kept me a live, so far. 5-10, 170#, officially 12# over wt. But the same wt. as when I was in high school. I had hit 205 while in the Navy. Very little exercise and a heavy carb diet. Long months at sea during Vietnam.

Back