Big drill press question

sdelivery

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
A customer is thinking about removing this drill press. It was a functional machine that hasn't been used in years.
It is big and heavy, they are looking for the manual. I believe it is a Allen.
I have not run it yet or measured it, it's a discussion. Is there an interest by the members of our forum in something like this? Is it to big? I guess its 7-8 foot tall. Where should it be priced? I know everyone would like to get the lowest price for the best product, myself included.
Since we are near HGR it might end up in consignment there.
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20210114_163836.jpg
    20210114_163836.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 274
  • 20210114_163826.jpg
    20210114_163826.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 265
Just to get the discussion rolling let me say that it does not look like a 'hobby' machine to me.
Looks sized and designed to work hard every day all year.
What power is required to excite that machine?

I would enjoy having that if I could fit it in my shop. The restoration would be a project and it would be a very rigid drill press that seems to have power feed.

They still use them in their own facility. Some models seem to have auto tapping via "lead screw".

Just to get the discussion rolling let me say that it does not look like a 'hobby' machine to me.
I guess that was the question lol
I don't look at small light weight machines
I look for older smaller industrial machines.
This is why I bring the topic up....l am constantly running into used equipment and I might think it is a good candidate for a garage shop but I dont think like alot of people.

I am pretty certain it is a three phase 460 volt machine. I will look closer when I have a chance.

That's only a little bit bigger than my Powermatic 1200, which is very nice to have in the home shop. Only bummer is it looks like a sheave shifter.

Back