Big firepit insert

Abom79

Registered
Registered
This is a big firepit insert I fabbed for a good friend of mine earlier this year. He had just pored a big new slab behind there house and made one section just for a firepit, and wanted something heavy duty that would last a long time. We looked at those el-cheepos hey sell at Lowes and knew they would burn out after one or two seasons of heavy use. I just kinda took the design idea off one of them and went with it. I used 3/16" plate steel, sheard and broke it into shape, then welded it up. I dont remember the exact measuerments now, but I know the inside is around 30"x30", x 12" deep. The rack for the bottom was built from left over 1/2"x2" flat bar. He found the brick locally and set those up himself with a layer of firebrick at the bottom. It turned out really good and burned hot as hell! We really enjoyed it when it was still cool outside.

Here I was bringing it back from another buddies shop where I sheard and broke up the main body. Notice the other firepit in the back of my truck, thats the one we replaced.
iphone721.jpg

iphone724.jpg

iphone725.jpg

iphone727.jpg

This is the new slab, but the unfinished firepit ring. They ran out of concrete and had to finish it the next day.

iphone714.jpg

iphone728.jpg

iphone732.jpg

iphone721.jpg

iphone724.jpg

iphone725.jpg

iphone727.jpg

iphone714.jpg

iphone728.jpg

iphone732.jpg

Great job. Add a cooler, chairs and some stars

Plus one and I vote for a grate/grill across the top with a couple of dead cow parts placed strategically across these while seasoned with all sorts of delicious flavor enhancing spices and a few other condiments to go along as well!!!

Back