Bijur L5P pump parts

Your math is correct, but I'm not sure of your physics. Any knowledge I had of Hooke's law is gone but the name. If the physics works, then do you really need max pressure? Or is max pressure the design limit, and the spring should be spec'd at a lower pressure. 72 psi will move a lot of lube through a very small orifice.

I believe max pressure is the design limit and is peak Static PSI on a full length stroke. The kinetic PSI will be slightly less depending on orifice resistance and it will have a linear drop throughout the entire travel of the piston stroke and should finish around 36-38 PSI right before the piston bottoms out in the bore. For this reason I don't think its a good idea to go with a lesser spring.

Considering the volume of lube per stroke is finite, the pressure only regulates the speed at which the lube is distributed. A 2 psi spring will push the oil through since there is no seal to stop the oil from seeping past the ways contact surfaces but may take 10 minutes to complete the stroke.

Back