Bill M's Pm1340gt Setup

Ahhhh but your new lathe is as purty as the camero, your gonna make your new lathe jealous... Machine protective services may have to get involved.. Did I mention that I am a foster parent for unappreciated machines!

The relay is the 784-4C snaps on the DIN rail, there is a spring loaded red tab at one end. If no DIN rail, just screw the relay socket base to to phenolic board (taps easily).

Thanks! Bought some DIN rail so will mount to that. Wondered what that little red tab was for... ;)

Ahhhh but your new lathe is as purty as the camero, your gonna make your new lathe jealous... Machine protective services may have to get involved.. Did I mention that I am a foster parent for unappreciated machines!

My shop will eventually be making the trip to AZ (probably Tucson area but you never know because the kids/grandkids are in the Phoenix area). So thanks for the offer, but it won't be to your shop, sorry. ;)

I'm going to call her Gray Lady. So now I have El Hefe, Blue, and Gray Lady. Still haven't figured out a name for the little SB yet. Tomorrow I will get her leveled and stick that piece of TGP in the chuck and see what I have. The only thing left is the 3 phase/VFD conversion, but now that I have her up and running I don't feel like I have to rush it.

Looking good Bill. Dang that's a big chuck, if someone breaks into your garage just point to your chuck they will flee in fear!

Looking great Bill. Makes that SB look like a toy.

Mike.

Yea, but it's still a useful toy.

Oh, and I set up the X axis display to take advantage of the 1 micron scale and set the readout to diameter. Now I can chase single tenths on the display...:rolleyes:

Back