Billet clutch basket

P.K.

Registered
Registered
Here is my latest project. It's a billet clutch basket for my 1974 Kawasaki H1E.
My H1 is highly tuned with 100+ crank HP which puts a lot of strain on certain engine components. This new clutch billet basket should have no problems handling the extra power.

It took a while to do this job on my manual "China machines". I really need to put DROs on my lathe and mill.

Beautiful work. Was the original basket steel? If so I would be concerned about the clutch plates wearing notches into the new basket. I hope I am wrong about that.

You do some mighty fine looking lathe work!

I agree with hman on that :encourage: ..... I would think that the clutch plates would have a built in clearance from the basket, and the shaft would have to have extreme centering issues to have any contact with the basket.:)

Some of the pates (about half) have projections that engage the basket. There will be significant force between those pates and the basket. The other pates will have splines that engage the shaft.

Very nice work :eagerness:

Would love to see some pictures of your H1. I had one of those when I was a teenager, I killed it not the other way around. 100BHP would be insane............

John

I'm not versed in how these work, the ones I am used to have the floaters riding on the stands.

Back