Bit of a rant today.

Peyton Price 17

Registered
Registered
we had to do a paragraph about cooking utensils. I got a wok pan. it was a fake hand hammered one on scamazon and I wrote more than I should have on how fake it is and people should buy a good one. Hate to see these fake ones on the market, hope to change someone's mind about buying cheap objects. End of rant.

For a long time now, shopping priority has been given to price for most people. Even when it should be obvious that the object in question might well be single use when a small price increase would get a significantly more durable version. I generally go with trying to get as much quality for my money as possible. That sometimes means I don't get the best, but the good enough. For example, I use mostly import VFDs as they work well for a fraction of the price of the higher quality versions, and I can accept the downtime if I break one while I source a higher quality unit. I generally use the saving from that to pay for nicer tooling. I've just found that to be the best overall split for me.

I did try some super cheap endmills. Ugh, don't. Even worse, Harbor Freight taps. Oh how I hate those. I tossed them. They were like trying to cut steel with a butter knife.

For a long time now, shopping priority has been given to price for most people. Even when it should be obvious that the object in question might well be single use when a small price increase would get a significantly more durable version. I generally go with trying to get as much quality for my money as possible. That sometimes means I don't get the best, but the good enough. For example, I use mostly import VFDs as they work well for a fraction of the price of the higher quality versions, and I can accept the downtime if I break one while I source a higher quality unit. I generally use the saving from that to pay for nicer tooling. I've just found that to be the best overall split for me.

I did try some super cheap endmills. Ugh, don't. Even worse, Harbor Freight taps. Oh how I hate those. I tossed them. They were like trying to cut steel with a butter knife.
for the same price you can get a high quality one.

My review ! Bought a stump grinder for the Kubota out of Canada from Woodland Mills . It was quite expensive but man is it top quality . Built like a tank . More reviews when I can get to use it . :)

So what's a good option for quality/affordable taps? I was about to go buy a set at harbor freight lmao.

Back