BL-Touch install

@ttabbal for sure, dead on. I have no way to upload the config file that holds that in. It seems a .hex is part of something bigger with many files. I don't know what that top tier file is or what program uploads it. The program I used wants .hex...the edited file I made with the offsets is a configuration.h file

@KevinM I downloaded that Marlin, grabbed the Creality Ender 5 Pro config and edited it to my probe offset, but I can't really do anything with a .h file. The system I used was PROGISP which wants a .HEX file. What do I do with a properly edited configuration.h file?? How do I get it into my printer? This whole Arduino thing is supposed to be so easy, maybe it's a left brain /right brain thing...Whatever it is, it is entirely nonsensicle to me.
HELP!
Get the Arduino IDE. It will compile and upload the Marlin source code. If you have to have the .hex file then select "Export Compiled Binary" in the sketch menu.

Note: Arduino is very picky about the USB cable. Use the one that came with your printer (Blue short one).

I have been working on this for 6 hours.......
I am super close now, the error message is fairly common but MANY reasons for it. As I am not using an Uno board (win 10 laptop straight usb) into the printers motherboard, that drops many of the solutions The error message is;
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x61
I change com ports, Arduino picks it up between the 2 ports, all the boards are correct (TH3d supplies it's own Arduino uploader and drivers, all boards, everything you could wish for.
I am going to look for another cable, but it's one of those odd ones, USD to mini usb? I don't even know.

I have been working on this for 6 hours.......
I am super close now, the error message is fairly common but MANY reasons for it. As I am not using an Uno board (win 10 laptop straight usb) into the printers motherboard, that drops many of the solutions The error message is;
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x61
I change com ports, Arduino picks it up between the 2 ports, all the boards are correct (TH3d supplies it's own Arduino uploader and drivers, all boards, everything you could wish for.
I am going to look for another cable, but it's one of those odd ones, USD to mini usb? I don't even know.

I'm pretty sure that you have a Arduino MEGA 2560 with a RAMPS board. stk500 is a communication error. The baud rate is set in the Marlin config files but who knows what it was set for when flashed by the seller. Serial monitor can help out, gibberish dictates a wrong baud rate.

Does it look like this?

IMG_3301.JPG

Here I selected baud rates and got gibberish until I hit 250000 and you can see the text.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 8.08.37 PM.jpg

The unit that allow boot loading looks a bit like a flash drive USB sick bit it has a long cable that has the isp connector on one end. The board in the printer is a v1.1.4 creality with the mega1248p chip. It obviously flashed my board as I now have bed leveling and it works other than the offset. I have tried VSCode and Arduino IDE bot and both have the same error message. Either something is funky with that cable (and its the only one I have like that) I could try increasing the baud rate..I have literally 8 hours into this. I refuse to give up my printer, I use it all the time. I have tried m581 commands, "nozzle_to_probe_offset x-44 y-6" just everything...even marlin over write, TH3D...ugh...
Maybe this wasn't worth it. lol

So, I tried booting from the USB...no go, tried loading a model from USB...no go.
I ordered the upgraded 32 bit silent board (going from 1.1.5 to 4.2.7) though I will have to update the firmware for an Ender 5 (this is a Creality board) but I assume it is BL Touch ready, whatever that’s good for. See how it goes in a few days. This is a bit laughable at this point...

So, I tried booting from the USB...no go, tried loading a model from USB...no go.
I ordered the upgraded 32 bit silent board (going from 1.1.5 to 4.2.7) though I will have to update the firmware for an Ender 5 (this is a Creality board) but I assume it is BL Touch ready, whatever that’s good for. See how it goes in a few days. This is a bit laughable at this point...

How is that rabbit hole looking?

You know...from very early on I knew I wanted a ABL probe but I knew I had to do something called "boot loading" I put it off for 6 months if not longer. After a few days of research and prep...I said, "I GOT THIS!" and even had the correct model supported by the printer's manufacturer.
What a PIA! ANNNNDDDD...the new board will be boot loaded already so I can update for my particular printer/options/needs via SD card. I have prepared that SD card with the compiled code...I'm "ready" to go...
Fool me once....

I received the new motherboard last night, already had the software installed on SD drive (don't have to boot load on the 32 bit board.) I am running Marlin 2.22 and TH3d's version of a lot of the bells and whistles on the back end. I learned more than I wanted and being the whole screen layout and what control I have now has grown three fold, I really have some relearning to do. Not thrilled for now but I'm sure it will be better down the road. Machine is even quieter than it was, faster smoother, but I feel like I'm at square one.
RABBIT HOLES!

Last part of the puzzle...didn’t realize (or even consider) the VREF should be checked on new board install. My extruder was low causing some issues with large parts infill. It is SO TUNED IN NOW! Very happy with the improvements! This bed support came out flawless after 6 hours.
5D84AC40-7D72-4A0C-83CB-0DAB2A871E2E.jpeg

Back