Black Friday for TOOLS

:eek: Too late now but I can't believe I didn't think of that. :face slap:

I was really exhausted by the time I posted my previous message and soon afterward I quit trying and put the order through without the code. Then I sent them a message explaining what happened and asked them to refund the discount. I'm sure they will. I've dealt with them before and they've always been nice.

Black Friday indeed! I've been waiting for that Shars coupon for weeks. Bought their cutter grinder and saved a stack

(from mobile)

Just to close out my previous comments. Received everything but one item which is now on backorder. Fortunately it was something I'm in no hurry for so not a big deal. Shars credited my card for the 20% discount within a few days so all is well. I like Shars, not that I buy stuff all the time, but when I'm ready to buy something, I start with them. They called about the backorder and seemed like good people... I like that. The only item I didn't get from them was a set of 23 ER40 collets... only because they only had sets of 12 or 15. Didn't want to end up paying a premium for individual collets later. So I picked up the 23 collet set elsewhere... all inside one case... love it. Hope everyone had success. And since it's December already, have a happy and healthy holidays.

I'm still waiting for Shars to call me back and collect payment. My order has to go freight. I called last week, nice folks, but still no follow through. Guess they're backed up?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

pontiac428... I took a look at the cutter grinder, very impressive. Noticed it didn't specify the weight or size, but it has to be a lot. I'm guessing they have to get all the heavy freight items together in order to have the least amount of pickups for for shipment keeps the cost down. Probably a difficult thing to juggle this time of year, especially considering they were closed for two days. My order consisted of multiple smaller items.. i.e. 6" chuck, back plates, etc... came in 2 boxes and I couldn't believe how heavy they were.

And I'm betting that error with the blackfriday code is causing them a lot of grief. Not making excuses for them, just trying to make a friend that will sharpen all my end mills :cheerful:

I order on thanksgiving while resting after dinner. Ordered two 6” back plates. Got 20% off in lower case letters and received on Monday. I do live in the same state so it was quick and easy.

o_O Okay... now I'm p-i-s-s-e-d. :grin:

I ordered between 1 and 2 AM Thanksgiving. That's when I gave up and placed the order w/o the code and sent Shars a message. Apparently they fixed it sooner than I expected but everything worked out in the end. On another note, I am accepting contributions for my pain and suffering ;)

Last edited:
Called Shars again today. Something slipped through the cracks along the way. I had to accept the $240 charge for shipping the cutter grinder, which wiped out my discount savings and then some. The shipping weight on those is 107 lbs or so. I will still come out ahead of the alternative, which would be piecing together a Deckel out of eBay offerings. This one comes with a set of collets and isn't missing any parts out of the box, so I'll be able to use it immediately. Once it gets here, of course.

We have New Year sales, easter sales, Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter sales, Black Friday and Christmas sales. Birthday sales.
Problem is I'm always broke.

pontiac428... Ouch! At $2.24 per pound I feel your pain. Hopefully you'll get a lot of use out of the grinder to lessen the effect. It does look awesome though. I'm going to start cuddling my end mills in hopes they last a long time.

Back