Blade guides

The bandsaw is the model 16-3. The rectangle with the angle ends is the type I need. Problem with eBay is they are not complete sets of four and they mostly have the ones for the small blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's a current auction on eBay. The seller has a lot more than what you were after (4 each 5/8", 3/4", and 1"), but he does have the sizes in full sets that you were after. Maybe take what you need and sell what you don't? $250 for complete sets of 5/8", 3/4" and 1" would be a deal, and you'd end up with 9 more sets of 4 (if I did the tally correctly). At $20-$25 a set you'd get most of your money back (if they sell).

Bruce

p.s. I'm curious, my DoAll 16" ML says it's limited to blades up to 1/2". You can run 1" blades on the 16-3?

1669214081888.png
1669214138882.png

p.s. I'm curious, my DoAll 16" ML says it's limited to blades up to 1/2". You can run 1" blades on the 16-3?
Bruce, the bandsaw is a friend’s, which accounts for the fuzziness of my memory and it’s a 20”, don’t recall the model number. He bought several widths of blades and was disappointed they couldn’t be used easily. The issue wasn’t so much the blade guides but the block that holds them is also dependent on width. I’ve sent him your eBay find, which would be a good start, thanks for that!

Last we discussed this we were contemplating making the block(s). Yes, we’re retired. :)

Bruce, the bandsaw is a friend’s, which accounts for the fuzziness of my memory and it’s a 20”, don’t recall the model number. He bought several widths of blades and was disappointed they couldn’t be used easily. The issue wasn’t so much the blade guides but the block that holds them is also dependent on width. I’ve sent him your eBay find, which would be a good start, thanks for that!

Last we discussed this we were contemplating making the block(s). Yes, we’re retired. :)
They'd be pretty easy to machine. The "toughest" thing would be cutting the 45 on the ends though that'd be pretty simple on a mill with a 45 deg. angle block. Or, for what it is, scribe a 45 on the bar stock in the middle of the block and use that to set the angle. Set the scribed line on the top of the vise jaw for alignment, surface the end, flip over and repeat. The milled pocket is clearance for the cap screw if it's a thicker guide (thin ones don't need it). A file skates over mine; 4140 or harder would be my material of choice. I can measure one up if you want some dimensions.

Bruce

My ML 16 came with a 1" blade, but the 1/2 guide head, I don't know how the PO didn't see the bend in the blade, and Do-All sent me the 1" that was listed in the parts book. I have been using it without any issues.

I can measure one up if you want some dimensions.
That's a really kind offer. Sounds like it would be a fun project, and save some real money. I have to find out if the 20", which is a 2013-V, I think, uses the same block as a 16". Turns out the guy selling the blade guides you posted about is an acquaintance, small world. Might be a deal brewing.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Back