Blind Hole Bearing Puller Tool

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys do these work?I would like to use it to remove some needle roller bearings for the Colchester?
s-l225.jpg

Never tried a puller like that. I have used hydraulic method ( grease and tight fitting shaft) to remove bearings with good results

I also have use the hydraulic method, but have also used one of the ones that have little gripers that grip the inside of the bushing and the slide hammer to pull it out. Never used it on a bearing and wander how it would work as you have to put a lot of pressure on the bearings to get it to grip, thus putting pressure outward toward the hole locking it in place more. Also if the ends of the bearing are not strong enough it could cause the end to give and all you remove is the needles and then have to get the case out.

Educate me on hydraulic method.Guessing pack it full of grease then

Thanks guys well never tried or heard of the hydraulic method but it sure sounds like it will work.Take a look at the pics,the small at the bottom is thread so I could plug it.DSC02823.JPG

DSC02822.JPG

I watched a guy use the hydraulic method with no success and for real, mashed up and soaked bread worked far better.

I have you both the tool and hydraulic method with good results with both. While the hydraulic method is free I never pass up a good reason to buy a new tool.

The needle bearing looks fine to me. Just being nosey, why do you want to pull the needle bearing?

I haven't tried the hydraulic method but have only used teh HF puller with some minor stock removal to fit jaw under the bearing well.
image_17892.jpg

Thanks guys and please do be nosey,well I figure since I had the lathe taken apart I would just go ahead and replace them since they are 1965 bearings.The new ones were about 6.00 or so which were not to expensive compared to Clausing so I though I would just replace them.Your right they do look good but I have no knowledge of the lathe from the previous owner other than being told it was a working lathe.I'm sure that the 1965 bearings are better made than todays bearings but they still are 1965 bearings.Should I or shouldn't I replace them?The bearings that I want to replace,I don't want to work my tail off just to get them out,want to be civil about it and not barbaric about it( little humor)

Back