Blocked And Insulted By Ebay!

Mark,

I have one here that's been in the family for many years. Can't even remember what it came off of. If you want it, it's yours if you pay the postage. this one measures 5.908" overall length. Bore is .625" and is located equal distance between the ends. Can't help it, it's bent.. Ken

20161203_190044_resized.jpg

20161203_190058_resized.jpg

Tom,

I knew that. Just stirring up the hen house a little!

The nerve of people to post such a thing and expect to get that kind of price for it. As far as I'm concern, it can sit there and rot before I pay such a price for it. It will be the last one on earth available before it sells in my book!

Ken

MSC,and Grizzly(I think) sell those Bal-crank handles. No need to worry about dealing with a recalcitrant dealer. I like the proportions of the one on Ebay,though. Some handles being sold are too "stretched out" looking. Machine designers USED to know how to design things!!

P.S.: I think I looked the handle up. He is selling a pair for $30.00. That's $15.00 each. I really don't think that is too high a price. Those older handles look nicer than the new,chrome plated ones,and look a LOT better in well finished bare steel. They'll clean up easily. And,they are cheaper than the new,Chinese made ones.

my respone is this, i don't usually sell on ebay- here is why

in most cases the buyer will cry if he is hung with a new rope
treat the sellers like you would like to be treated.
if you are realistic, you'll rarely be disappointed.

agreee, buyer wants it free + free shipping and money back if buyer doesn't like!!
What a world,No responsibility.

Wonder how many questions the seller wanting $241 for a $15 handle would tolerate before "it's not worth it" to him? I think he'd probably not deal with me after my first question.

Tom

I sometimes wonder what motivates some sellers to offer their products for sale on e bay. Over the years I've bought quite a few items there and had excellent results. However there are sellers out there that don't do their research and ask outrageous prices. Case and point, earlier this year I tried to purchase some power hacksaw blades from a vendor. It was a "buy it Now" or "best offer" listing. I looked up the exact item from several online industrial suppliers to find he was asking 50% over the list price.

I made an offer of the list price the industrial suppliers were asking and got flamed. Rather than making a counter offer he told me I was insulting both him and his product by offering such a low price. I responded showing him links to the industrial vendors and their product. Rather than make another offer I purchased from one of the industrial vendors. I kept the item on my watch list to see the results. Not only did they not sell they were relisted at a higher price with a higher shipping charge and no best offer option a few weeks later.

The nerve of people to post such a thing and expect to get that kind of price for it. As far as I'm concern, it can sit there and rot before I pay such a price for it. It will be the last one on earth available before it sells in my book!

Ken
If it is the ebay industryrecycler i'm thinking of, they are tough to buy from...try other sellers. Don't get upset if they "flame" you. Just apologize and let them "stew" for a while. Come back later just a few bucks higher and quite often if it hasn't sold they get tired of looking at it and cut their losses. Off the top of my head, i've gotten Hastelloy TIG rod , Prosoy cleaner, Lots of NOS T15 end mills, HSS taps all at 1/4 to 1/2 their asking price. Usually they bought a "Lot" of items and already made their money back 2-10 times over already. That's how I look at it as a buyer. But I sell alot too . When i'm selling, I always shoot for the moon . Can't blame them. You would be surprised how often buyers just want it now, and pays "full" for it . When you've got time on your hands, most things will sell. Eventually the market always equalizes itself. When people low ball me i kindly just say no , and even tell them no prob on the low ball, i don't blame you bc i'd do the same thing . Who wouldn't try to get something for the lowest they can get it ? Gotta take the emotion out of it, then buying and selling gets easier. With that said, I am looking at a part for a 6507 Milwaukee sawzall , still in very good shape but it's varispeed transistor went. It will rot before I pay the guy $25 for that part ...pride got me , lol and his part will probably rot bc I dont think too many people looking for a transistor for a 1990's sawzall when u can buy a new one for like $139 . ahh the woes of ebay, craigs , buying and selling

Last edited:
ahh the woes of ebay, craigs , buying and selling
Yep. I found a 16x60 lathe I am interested in. Its 3 hours away from me so I sent the seller some questions to find out alittle more about it before I made the trip with truck and trailer. No response from the seller and no bids on it either. Oh well.

Back