Bonding a sealed bearing to brass?

If I understand the drawing correctly you plan on holding a tool in the slot and rotating it to form a radius on the part?

Or is there a tool holder attachment that fits in the slot that will allow you to make both concave and convex radii.

If I understand the drawing correctly you plan on holding a tool in the slot and rotating it to form a radius on the part?

Or is there a tool holder attachment that fits in the slot that will allow you to make both concave and convex radii.

There will be a tool holder made from 1/2” square bar (CR1018) that slides in the slot to make both concave & convex profiles & 1/4" HSS tool bit for the cutter.

Cutting tip will only have .563” clearance above assembly so max size for ball turning will be 1” while concave profiles will be maxed out somewhere around 1.250” radius. Most of my projects (for now) with the radius tool will be with round bar stock between 1/4” - 3/4” diameter so it should work nicely (I hope).

m_Ball Turning Attachment Tool Holder.jpg
m_Ball Turning Attachment Max Convex.jpgm_Ball Turning Attachment Max Concave.jpg

Everything is still in the designing stage at this point, so after reading the suggestions above from much more experienced fellas than I (thank you once again!), I'm now thinking of just ditching the whole bearing idea....no sense in re-inventing the wheel, huh? lol

Back