Borescope for the masses ??

I bought a simular one when I was trying to see if I had bent valves after a timing belt broke in a car I had. (yep they were bent). One of those things I haven't used much since but have looked down a sew barrels and behind a couple walls to track wires and plumbing. One of those things that when you need it, can really come in handy. There were very few inexpensive ones available 5-10 years ago. Now there are tons of choices for a fraction of what they used to cost.

What model is the one you have?
The one in the link is the first one I have seen that is small enough to go in a 20 cal. bore.
Have you used it much when working on a lathe or mill? for inspecting internal threads and bore finish, etc.

I think it's a handy tool. I think I will buy the one you linked, mine is too big for most rifle bores.
b68cb036b95f0f7ed6ad12b471fadb3b.jpg

The one linked in the OP doesn’t support iPhone, if that's a must for anyone. They don't address iPad yea or nay. Amazon has some other models that do both. They also have a couple of wifi units. One of them may be my New Year’s gift to myself. Never pass up an opportunity to spend your kids’ inheritance, as we say in the trade. ;)

Tom

The link says that an Iphone and Ipad version are being developed. I think I'll wait for them. Thanx for the link Tozguy.
I have a general brand borescope that I use for automotive and many other areas. It is pretty good when the light is bright enough. But it is way too large to fit in my firearms barrels. I purchased it at my local Lowes for about $69.00 US dollars.
Roy

The link says that an Iphone and Ipad version are being developed. I think I'll wait for them.....
I missed that, but you’re right, Roy, it does say a WiFi version for iPhone and iPad is coming. Actually, they need to revise that, it’s already here. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0813D65MD There’s also a good video about it on that page.

Tom

Thanx for the heads up, Tom Going to check it out now.

Roy

What model is the one you have?
The one in the link is the first one I have seen that is small enough to go in a 20 cal. bore.
Have you used it much when working on a lathe or mill? for inspecting internal threads and bore finish, etc.

Mine is made for engine inspection etc., it's by AC Delco. Never used it for for any machining, suppose you definitely could, but then one with high magnification and a mirror attachment would be nice. Suppose being able to take a photo could also come in handy if you had something you wanted to show a customer or share.

Back