Boring bar help

HSS

Active User
Registered
I have a boring bar that I broke the insert on and have lost the insert. I have no idea which insert fits this bar and I know there are only a few to choose from but I am at a loss. Here are pictures of the bar.

boring bar 1.JPG boring bar 2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks one and all. Jack, I have a friend that is a machinist where my wife works and he took the boring bar to work with him and gave it to the toolroom guy to find out which insert it takes. They came up with a CCMT 32.52 1A. Way to go Jack.
Now all I have to do is cross that over to HSS.

Pat

How do you order from Arthur R. Warner? There is not an order form on their website. Do you have to fax in your order or phone them? ???

Pat

Since most of the material I tend to turn is Unkownium Recyclium, most times I use HSS I end up melting the tip off when things get rough or hard . I pretty much stick to the carbide inserts, at least they have a ghost of a chance when a hardened spot shows up in something I am turning.

Walter

Thanks Paddy and Jack,when I get back out to the shop I'll take a picture of the nomenclature on the bar. I just got in from work and might run out there a get that picture now. I've been working 12 and 14 hour days lately and it sure does get old.

BTW those HSS inserts are $6.50 ea.

boring bar 1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to thank Jack and Paddy for sharing their amazing knowledge in this area, one of many of which I don't have a clue. You guys go above and beyond in providing super informational content to this site, and I am truly grateful.

Thank you guys for enabling me to make this place an excellent information source for all of us.

Best,

Nelson

Back