Boring Bar Insert Screws

Splat

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Holy mackerel, Widia boring bar insert screws are impossible to buy below bulk numbers! I technically only need one each of these screws but I would get 4-5 apiece just to have them but no luck. The Circle/Widia screws are oval screws QC-15 (Torx T8, #3-48, sku 60006) and CC-11 (Torx T6, #1-72, sku 30002). Anyone have a few spares laying around they would sell or know where I can buy them? Widia does not sell to the end-user. I've called the distros and nobody has them and would have to order by bulk. Thanks.

Last edited:
Well, after all that I found hex drive 3-48 and 1-72 screws at my favorite supply house, McMaster. Not Torx like I wanted but hex drive should be fine since you're not supposed to be cranking holy heck outta them. Cool.

Hello, Splat:

I am a Manufacturers rep. for Widia and worked with Kennametal for 35 years as well. Hardware is a shared product, meaning that the 7 digit EDP numbers for hardware are the same for both brand names. MSC has a lot of this stuff in their catalog that includes the Kennametal Circle line. Many insert screws are interchangeable from one manufacturer to another because most common inserts are ANSI/ISO standards that have a specific center hole diameter and specific conical angle to lock down the insert. Circle is not totally on board with that concept and has a variety of screws specific only to their product. I've attached a couple of things from the Widia catalog that may help. Most people do not know that the insert position on small Circle bars is and should be slightly above center. This is also a very good practice for cut-off inserts as well. The worst position for a carbide insert to be in is below center. Carbide has tremendous compressive strength, but low tensile strength. Under center edges are easily fractured as the insert goes past the center line Built up edge may pop off as you go past center and along with it, a little carbide as well.

Attachments

• Hardware.docx
    143.4 KB · Views: 317
Thanks G! I'll check that out when I have the time. Work's picking up so that'll be later. Thanks!

G Morsch, those numbers that are shown in the Widia page you graciously provided are what I've been Googling. When I find them anyone that has them wants you to buy in bulk and/or doesn't have the CC11 (2832647) in stock and don't show an alternative. Thanks.

Sorry to piggy back on your post but im looking not for screws so much but a tap for screws. The screw size is a M2.5x6 with a t8 head. I cant find a tap anywhere..

Sorry to piggy back on your post but im looking not for screws so much but a tap for screws. The screw size is a M2.5x6 with a t8 head. I cant find a tap anywhere..
Fl-eBay. Double check your pitch as there are a few in 2.5mm.

Yea see i cant find the 2.5x6 just the .45 size

I've seen 2.5x6 self tapping screws but not a tap. You sure of the 6?

Back