[4]

Boring head 2" new $24 free ship

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
Industry recycles seller on eBay 351580594945 punch the number they have thirty left. Make offer

sgisler

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Thanks for the tip, just bought one!

Stan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
Thanks for the tip, just bought one!

Stan
I made an offer of twenty bucks , hope I get it but I'm on a financial freeze . But being stuck in bed day in and out. I have to keep the brain going good . This waiting for drs sucks, I go next Thursday morning. Haven't really been out since July 4th. Hope to God he can fix my spine.
My home Dr told me the pain would get so bad I couldn't get out of bed years ago. Now it's happened.
These boring heads should make nice ball turners for the lathe , using the boring bar holder and brass bushings .

master of none

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
I just bought one to for 25.00 what the heck ,haven't got much to lose.

sgisler

Active User
I made an offer of twenty bucks , hope I get it but I'm on a financial freeze . But being stuck in bed day in and out. I have to keep the brain going good . This waiting for drs sucks, I go next Thursday morning. Haven't really been out since July 4th. Hope to God he can fix my spine.
My home Dr told me the pain would get so bad I couldn't get out of bed years ago. Now it's happened.
These boring heads should make nice ball turners for the lathe , using the boring bar holder and brass bushings .
Hope you get it and moreover, wish you the best with the health struggles.
Ball turner is what I have in mind! Great minds....

Stan

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I'm having problems finding the 7/8"-20 shank to fit it. I would be looking for Mt2 3/8-16 draw bar, or 1/2 straight shank.
MSC is down right now, but the other places I have searched seem to have 1.5" - 18

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
I bid 22.00 and won today. :encourage:

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I bid 22.00 and won today. :encourage:
Great, congratulations, I paid the asking price.
BTW I notice that MSCDIRECT.COM will say the site is down, while WWW.MSCDIRECT.COM is the real site. Not sure why they don't have a redirect, but it's stupid since they own the MSCDIRECT.COM and have their logo and other stuff.

mcostello

Active User
Registered
Tried $20, We'll see.

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
I won at twenty , number two for one

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
Got three for one post da dumb I guess

richl

Active User
Registered
I purchased 2, 1 for the mill, the other for the lathe. Nice deal, thanks for the heads up.
Rich

extropic

Active User
Registered
The current price on MSC site (same item) is $130.07.
MSC description says it's decimal inch (not metric).

I've got two on the way. Don't think we'll see a better price anytime soon.

Thanks for the tip.

Billh50

Active User
looks like they will all be gone before the 3rd when i get my ss.

richl

Active User
Registered
I purchased 1 of the last ones if you want it bill. It says I will have it by next friday. Let me know.
Rich

Billh50

Active User
richl,
thanks, someone else offered one already. But I do appreciate all the help I have been getting.

D

Deleted member 31249

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I bought one for the $24. I didn't want to chance not getting one. I'm not sure why I bought it, I have one I made that works great. I guess it was just too good a deal to pass up and I just like fancy little tools in nice wood boxes. ( I get all sizes of wood boxes from a local craft store and keep the nice tools in them.)

RJSakowski

Thanks to all for removing the temptation. I can delete the bookmark now. I didn't really need another boring head but the urge to buy one was almost overpowering. It's a good thing to procrastinate sometimes.

Technical Ted

Already had one I bought months ago, but for the price, I've got two more on the way to me. I'll use one for a straight shank, one for a Morse taper #2 for my Bridgeport M head and one for a ball turning attachment for my lathe. Thanks for the heads up on these! I drew up the one I had in Fusion 360 yesterday to start doing some design work. Attached is a turn table view of it.

Attachments

mcostello

Active User
Registered
Confirmed payment for $20, supposed to be here Friday.

richl

Active User
Registered
Mine all shipped out this morning. So I should have mine in a couple of days.

Rich

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
I bought one for the $24. I didn't want to chance not getting one. I'm not sure why I bought it, I have one I made that works great. I guess it was just too good a deal to pass up and I just like fancy little tools in nice wood boxes. ( I get all sizes of wood boxes from a local craft store and keep the nice tools in them.)
Had a man no a great friend who treated me like a son. We shot trap and skeet for years . Well he loved cigars and had some real fancy boxes they came in . An artist , duck carver , anything along those lines he could do. I'm sure missing him ALOT . Ww11 vet , fought in the Philippines . Just thought of him reading your post.

master of none

I got mine today,haven't had time to look it over but by looks it seems to be OK was kind of expecting it to be a pos but for the money couldn't pass it up,thanks to the silver bullet. Rick

mcostello

Active User
Registered
Mine got here today and seems to be decently made, it's going to be a combination taper turning attachment and ball turner.

D

Deleted member 31249

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I see these are all gone now on eBay. I am glad I got one. It is very nice quality.

richl

Active User
Registered
Seems pretty good to me. I have 3 of them lol, so I have more options than I had originally planned. Might look into how to make a ball Turner out of it. Ball Turner for the lathe, tailstock mount for making tapers on the lathe and a bt30 taper mount for the mill. 3 great attachments for not a lot of money.

Rich

Last edited:

master of none

Got mine yesterday and had time today to look at it and take apart was very surprised at how clean it is works very smoothly,wish I could get bargains like this more often.

Technical Ted

Got mine. These are nicer built than the original China made one I had and drew up in Fusion 360. A little different for the mounting, but basically the same, but better quality. The divisions are not as marked though.... not 0.0005" per division as marked. The screw is the same as my original one and is 7/16" - 20 threads so it's 0.05" per revolution, so it's 0.001" per division, so 0.002" on diameter.

Maybe this is why they were so cheap??? Mismarked??? Check the price for these BHC2 heads at MSC. Hundreds of dollars for a head, a couple of bars and a box!!! These are made in Taiwan and not China BTW.

Glad I got two!

Ted

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
Mine came a day ago , opened it up today , nicely made , says made in Taiwan. I plan on using it for a ball Turner , if I need to use it on the mill ,ill make the Turner so I can just slide it out of the tool holder. I have an old criterion square boring head for most boring jobs. More projects I hope to build.

Last edited:
[6]
[5] [7]