Boring head 2" new $24 free ship

Mine all shipped out this morning. So I should have mine in a couple of days.

Rich

I bought one for the $24. I didn't want to chance not getting one. I'm not sure why I bought it, I have one I made that works great. I guess it was just too good a deal to pass up and I just like fancy little tools in nice wood boxes. ( I get all sizes of wood boxes from a local craft store and keep the nice tools in them.)
Had a man no a great friend who treated me like a son. We shot trap and skeet for years . Well he loved cigars and had some real fancy boxes they came in . An artist , duck carver , anything along those lines he could do. I'm sure missing him ALOT . Ww11 vet , fought in the Philippines . Just thought of him reading your post.

I got mine today,haven't had time to look it over but by looks it seems to be OK was kind of expecting it to be a pos but for the money couldn't pass it up,thanks to the silver bullet. Rick

Mine got here today and seems to be decently made, it's going to be a combination taper turning attachment and ball turner.

I see these are all gone now on eBay. I am glad I got one. It is very nice quality.

Seems pretty good to me. I have 3 of them lol, so I have more options than I had originally planned. Might look into how to make a ball Turner out of it. Ball Turner for the lathe, tailstock mount for making tapers on the lathe and a bt30 taper mount for the mill. 3 great attachments for not a lot of money.

Rich

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday and had time today to look at it and take apart was very surprised at how clean it is works very smoothly,wish I could get bargains like this more often.

Got mine. These are nicer built than the original China made one I had and drew up in Fusion 360. A little different for the mounting, but basically the same, but better quality. The divisions are not as marked though.... not 0.0005" per division as marked. The screw is the same as my original one and is 7/16" - 20 threads so it's 0.05" per revolution, so it's 0.001" per division, so 0.002" on diameter.

Maybe this is why they were so cheap??? Mismarked??? Check the price for these BHC2 heads at MSC. Hundreds of dollars for a head, a couple of bars and a box!!! These are made in Taiwan and not China BTW.

Glad I got two!

Ted

Mine came a day ago , opened it up today , nicely made , says made in Taiwan. I plan on using it for a ball Turner , if I need to use it on the mill ,ill make the Turner so I can just slide it out of the tool holder. I have an old criterion square boring head for most boring jobs. More projects I hope to build.

Last edited:
Back