boring head -needs repair ??

carryallman

Registered
Registered
i got a "enco" boring head -that seems to have maybe gone over-center on the clicker adjuster ?? anybody know how to fix of where to send it for repair ?? thanks mike

Could you post a photo? Boring heads are usually, very simple to disassemble. What is a clicker adjuster?

Could you post a photo? Boring heads are usually, very simple to disassemble. What is a clicker adjuster?
the boring head will continue to adjust outward-say if you want to face off a area ?say the bottom of a bore ? i have not posted any pics on this site yet -will try to do soon ? thanks mike

ok...that is a boring and facing head. Not just a boring head.

Please post some pictures. Enco sold several different boring/facing heads over the years.

I have a small Narex B&F head. The slide would not travel at all (I was kicking myself for not checking it over better before buying). So, with nothing to lose - took it all apart. This is a task that is not for the faint of heart! In the Narex offering, are some very small balls and springs. The Enco is going to be similar. My suggestion, get an assembly diagram (exploded diagram) so that you know what to expect. Of course, all the usual precautions about not losing small parts, take pictures so you can remember how it should go back together. It is quite the ingenious little mechanism - once you figure it out, it is really quite simple.

Even on a straight boring job, a B&F is very nice - because you don't have to shut the mill off to advance the feed. Last week end I was opening up a bore several inches (in coping a lateral in plastic pipe) - hold the advance ring for ~2 seconds, ready for the next pass. Obviously, once close to size I was back to using the calibrated feed dial.

Back