Bosch (and Fein) Starlock system

hman

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I just bought a Bosch oscillating multi tool(OMT) that uses the tool-less Starlock system to hold the blades. It looks like a very good way to transfer power to the blade, and keep the blade from loosening in use.

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 9.31.22 PM.jpg

Only trouble is ... I've not found any way to mount non-Starlock blades to this OMT! Starlock requires a much smaller diameter recess than the hub size of any of the other blades I have. So I'm stuck with buying incredibly expensive Bosch or Fein (and one or two more vendors) blades! I've done a bit of web searching, but the only adapters that have come up are meant to adapt Starlock blades to non-Starlock OMTs. Makes sense for Bosch and Fein - they get a lock on the expendables. Not great for the customer, durn it!

I'm thinking that I MIGHT be able to sacrifice a Starlock blade and weld some other (non-Starlock) store-bought or homemade pin-type tool adapter to its face, then fill and drill the center to take a ¼" or 5/16" securing bolt.

Has anybody here found either a non-Starlock to Starlock adapter, or else found a source of inexpensive Starlock compatible blades?

Back