Bought a 110 to 3Ph VFD

Wish you the best of luck----heck we will be waiting on those pics. 110 to 3Ph VFD sounds very cool---- does it ramp up or dial.

Last edited:
Charley, I will bet you LOVE that thing, wait til you dial those hertz down and just keep "chipping away". Guaranteed to find a sweet spot without ever moving a belt, or changing a gear.
It sure looks like a nice machine!
Bob :)

I have a question
I have passed on some 3phase 440v items around here
you can only get 220 not 440 here
you can run a 440 3ph off 220 1ph if you have a vfd?
i need to know this they give away 440 volt stuff around here
steve

does it ramp up or dail.

:dunno:

I'm thinking maybe you meant dial:headscratch::confused::thinking: if so it does not have a potentiometer they were out of that model and it was $25.00 more

Bob, you'll have to visit the shop soon now

Of course after ordering I found one for less than half of what I paid for this one:banghead::*****slap:

I have a question
I have passed on some 3phase 440v items around here
you can only get 220 not 440 here
you can run a 440 3ph off 220 1ph if you have a vfd?
i need to know this they give away 440 volt stuff around here
steve

Don't know the answer on that but a lot of them are dual voltage 220/440 so if you can get the really cheap or free you should grab them.

what i'm thinking about was a surface grinder for 200 but it was 440only
he had 440 only in the add so i'm sure he was asked
I'm going to check this out
I know you can overdrive the motor speed
hummm
so your mill is 220/440 3ph
get your mill running and let us know how it works
thank you
steve

I know you can have a 440 3ph motor rewound to 220 3ph.

what i'm thinking about was a surface grinder for 200 but it was 440only
he had 440 only in the add so i'm sure he was asked
I'm going to check this out
I know you can overdrive the motor speed
hummm
so your mill is 220/440 3ph
get your mill running and let us know how it works
thank you
steve

Hi Steve
Take a look around in the usuall places for a 220>440 transformer. Thats the easyest way to get hooked up. I run my 5hp lathe with a 220>600Volt transformer as I wasnt about to change out the motor. The motor on my machine is allso 1200 rpm, and they are not very common.

I also run a VFD on this same machine. So your only a tranformer away from making it work. You allso have options depending on your power supply. Meaning if you have 220 single phase off the wall, you can run into a single phase transformer> to VFD> to machine.

Or, if using a rotary phase conveter RPC, 220 single phase in to the RPC, the RPC will out put 3-phase out,> to 3 phase 220-440 transformer> to machine.

it must not exist it's not on ebay ha ha ha
steve

Back