Bought a big batch of tools and tooling

Technical Ted

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I recently bought a large batch of tools and tooling from a guy. His father was a model maker at a big company in Rochester. Reamers, drills, counterbores and sinks, some measuring tools, files, clamps, end mills, taps and dies, drill chucks (Jacobs and Albrecht), sine plate and more. Not cheap but I got a decent deal. Everything was in very nice shape.

With that batch, I got two vintage bronze Cleveland drill indexes; one fraction and one number, loaded with new old stock silver finish drills. I wish he had the letter as well, but no luck. Now I know I'm a little crazy sometimes, but these things are too nice to use! o_O I think I'll just use them for show! I've got plenty of other drill sets to use...

The picture doesn't do them justice.

Ted

Cleveland Drill Stands.jpg

I have indexes like the ones shown, in fractional and number, saw the letter size one on e bay, but got beat out ---

Nice! Adam Booth (abom79 on YouTube) had a recent video with several very cool old drill indexes, one like yours.

He's got some good ones there! Looks like the Cleveland emblem one he has is made of a different material than mine. Mine are both made out of bronze.

Ted

I recently bought a large batch of tools and tooling from a guy. His father was a model maker at a big company in Rochester. Reamers, drills, counterbores and sinks, some measuring tools, files, clamps, end mills, taps and dies, drill chucks (Jacobs and Albrecht), sine plate and more. Not cheap but I got a decent deal. Everything was in very nice shape.

With that batch, I got two vintage bronze Cleveland drill indexes; one fraction and one number, loaded with new old stock silver finish drills. I wish he had the letter as well, but no luck. Now I know I'm a little crazy sometimes, but these things are too nice to use! o_O I think I'll just use them for show! I've got plenty of other drill sets to use...

The picture doesn't do them justice.

Ted

View attachment 280754

I may just have your missing index . Gotta check down the shop !

IMG_9747.JPG

Back