Bought a DEBER US 120 Swivel head ram type universal mill

RobertHaas

Registered
Registered
Boy I might have screwed the pooch here. This monster is in incredible condition, looks brand new and is 31 years old.

I can not find a single scrap of literature for it.

I have never owned a mill before but have always wanted one. Had been looking for a Bridgeport or similar when this thing appeared out of vapor.

No person I know has ever heard of one of these.

Any suggestions for finding an operators manual, parts lists or even a dealer?

20171201_163050.jpg20171201_163039.jpg20171201_163104.jpg20171201_163059.jpg20171201_162953.jpg

Hard to tell from the pictures, does it also have a horizontal spindle on the front of the column? If so, and if it has a universal table, that will be a really versatile machine for the home shop!

Hard to tell from the pictures, does it also have a horizontal spindle on the front of the column? If so, and if it has a universal table, that will be a really versatile machine for the home shop!
Yes, it has a horizontal spindle.

Nice score on a European-looking universal mill. Looks like a big version of a Deckel, comparable to an FP-4. How big's the table and work envelope?

Looks like one really nice machine . Cut two sides at once , super . Power feeds everywhere. What's not to like if YA can afford one.

Sure could use an operators manual.

I now also need to learn how to install a static converter to get this beauty to 3 phase.

I don't even know what that means:geek:

Back