Bought a DEBER US 120 Swivel head ram type universal mill

I think you would want a VFD or a rotary phase converter to run that
Mark
ps I wouldn't be surprised if that is actually an Asian machine that was imported to Italy

Last edited:
That is a great looking machine. It is very different from a Deckel FP (unless the reference is to the paint color) - the Deckels, and many clones - such as the Maho, have all or part of the Y-axis on top of the knee. Like most knee mills, that has a good bit of "relocatable" y-axis travel on the knee (same as the BPs, Toolmasters, Firsts etc).

With the multiple motors, that is a great candidate for an RPC or a PhasePerfect. Keep the pictures coming - especially once it is set up and makes some chips.

It has a 1986 build date. and the Chinese stuff from that era is easy to spot. This ain't one.

You will need a book of imagination,this machine should have enough adjustment to suit any job.The limit would only be the ability to make a setup.:)

An Italian sports model mill - wow!

I do not have a manual but I wanted to say Congratulations.

Pretty unique machine, and very versatile. Did it come with all of the horizontal arbors and supports? Good luck on the manual search. May take a little doing, but I'm sure they're out there. Mike

Hooked it up to power at the shop it was sitting at.

It runs so smooth, we think this has never been in use.

Got the full story on where it came from. The guy I bought it from bought it off his uncle. It has been in a storage unit for 15 years underneath a canvas cover. His uncle bought it at a military surplus auction at Fort Ord California when the base shut down. So it a Miltary spec. unit.

I am so dang lucky on this.

Back