Boxford Mk2 AUD Spindle lock query

Kwest

Registered
Registered
Hi all, I have just picked up a school used (abused?!) Boxford which is missing a few bits. Some, like the reverse and back gear levers should be easy to fab but it is also missing the lock spindle. Spindle bushes and springs for these are still available and I’ll order them soon. However the spindle itself is “obsolete” (their website wording) so I will need fab one. What I need help with therefore is the dimensions for the spindle. If anyone is able to measure theirs and add it to a photo of one that would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hi all, I have just picked up a school used (abused?!) Boxford which is missing a few bits. Some, like the reverse and back gear levers should be easy to fab but it is also missing the lock spindle. Spindle bushes and springs for these are still available and I’ll order them soon. However the spindle itself is “obsolete” (their website wording) so I will need fab one. What I need help with therefore is the dimensions for the spindle. If anyone is able to measure theirs and add it to a photo of one that would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance
Hi just spotted this post, might be worth looking on this site https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/ and ask the question lots of Boxford’s in The U.K. but you do need to state the model there are many variants.
John

If your on Facebook? check out Boxford Lathes Group......Mark Lord is the admin and He sells all kinds of Boxford parts

Cheers

Wayne

Back