Boyar Schultz 2a parts needed

Flightmap

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a BS challenger delux (2a) surface grinder that is in need of a few parts. I need the shaft, thimble, springs, and gear for the manual wheel on the X axis.

I need the cast iron (?) spindle guard: 2 pieces I think

Anyone know of a “parts” grinder that would have these items?

I have a BS 612 and I can't find the guard parts either, im about to just make one

Good luck finding any parts that are in better shape then heavily used. Our unit at work needs new lead screws as well, we have been looking at every reseller on the planet and they are tough to find in decent shape. In the end I hope the bosses will rethink to the idea of using ball screws.

I have a BS challenger delux (2a) surface grinder that is in need of a few parts. I need the shaft, thimble, springs, and gear for the manual wheel on the X axis.

I need the cast iron (?) spindle guard: 2 pieces I think

Anyone know of a “parts” grinder that would have these items?
Like this?
20180218_120644.jpg

Should be pretty easy to fabricate one out of mild steel or alum.. If you could come up with a drawing, I bet you could find a member close by who could do it for you, if you lack the necessary equipment to do it yourself. Mike

Ours is an aftermarket high impact plastic version.

I truly wish it was! Mine is probably an older model as it has a sheet metal front. The spindle cover ( 3/4 round hole ) looks to be he same. Wonder if it would fit
I have another one from an older machine that is more round.

Back