Boyar schultz 612 ways

I got this quote in March. It is Rulon 142 which is the same thing as Turcite B.
It was a pleasure speaking with you this afternoon. Here are the current costs of your requested RULON 142 thickness: I buy it from Tstar.com and it is sold in square ft. plus glue and shipping. Like I said before you need to scrape the soft ways first and then match fit the Turcite.

3 feet of .032” x 12” $104.43/ft

4 feet of .047” x 12” $108.35/ft

4 feet of .062” x 12” $125.60/ft

Where on this machine is turcite? I do see that on the saddle there is what looks like replaceable hardened way inserts. I have a similar Boyer Shultz it’s a challenger model which does not have replaceable inserts. Mine are glued down from the factory. Honestly your table looks in better shape than mine. You can see flaking across the Whole way. I’m not saying it’s not worn but my machine does a pretty good job. Have you tried the machine and measured any inconsistencies in the table itself? With the table not having much support from the saddle on the traversing the saddle ends wear quicker.

Dabbller is right. It sure looks green on the table to me. If the saddle is hard then I would have it ground. If it has hardened inserted ways, I bet the factory had a special fixture to bond it on.

I see this thread. I wonder if Boyer Shultz put Turcite on or it another owner did.

Back