BP Power Feed

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys I had posted this question while back at to what PF for the BP,got alot of good answers and ideals.Well I am now ready to pull the trigger and was wondering if anyone can talk me out of buying this model? I know its mde over seas but I am just a once in while kind of guy so what do ya'll think about this choice? I has the torque,and price looks right. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32700484779.html

I have that brand on my mill/drill. Same brand that Shars sells. I wanted an Align but I was on a budget then & they only came green for the mill/drill. I've had mine for 7 yrs now & it has never gave me a problem. I even purchased a spare gear for it but have never broken the original one.

At the risk of hijacking, would that fit my RF @darkzero?

Thanks Will, <hijackoff/>

In my limited experience, all imports are pretty much exactly alike. Would appreciate any data to the contrary.

I just purchased an Align model 500P for my Bridgeport. They aren't all that expensive. I purchased one on eBay from Clark Machinery for less than $300.00

They have less expensive brands for about $150.00

Guys,plans change.After doing more research and projectnuts link I order the Align 500p It did cost little more but Clarks(seller) also carry’s parts.And there’s a Youtube on installing power drive.There’s nothing wrong with the one I was going with at first,price was good and I have it bout six days but none of that had anything to do with my choice.It was watching the Youtube and parts being local.So I should have it Wednesday,no there won’t be a Youtube of unboxing the Align:)

I bought an import power feed for the Z-axis on my Bridgeport (build thread below). I use it EVERY time the BP gets fired up and have had no issues so far (2+ years). Sure beats the heck out of moving the table up and down 0.1" per crank. Really "loved" tramming the knee manually when installing a DRO scale.

Bruce

Bruce that is on my want and to do list after X. While I have only player around with my mill on couple projects I can now understand why others is adding a PF to Z. I am going back and read your post on your Z,thanks for responding

Back