Bp Series 1 Coolant Drains On Table

Can you space the scale away from the table enough to make the drain work? Although you will lose some table travel if you do. I have my scale on the front of the table.

I'm not sure... I will go out there after while and check it all out.. I'll also take a few pics if I see anything unusual.

Thank you!

I never thought of using a parts washer for a flood coolant system, very cool idea.:encourage: And I'm guessing that the pump would be happy to supply a mist system. But probably not actually needed because of the venturi in the mister. Mine is pressurized because there is no venturi, the pump provides positive control of the fluid independent of the air pressure. Sometimes I go overkill just because I can.:grin:

So back to your original question, I see two options:
  • Relocate your DRO scale to the front of the table, which is my prefered location.
  • or, drill & tap new drain holes in the front of your table.

Jim,

What if someone were to get one of those inexpensive misters from eBay and bought this to provide the air? Heck you can just run the misting hose right into a small plastic bottle...

The pic says $39.95 however the real price on the web site is $28.95 !

upload_2016-11-1_8-40-18.png

How about using a tray to catch the coolant. Like one of your wife's old cookie sheets. Set it under the vise and run the drain out of it.

Maybe that air compressor would work. Might be a bit light, but at that price it might be worth a try.

I wonder if there is a low profile EL I can install maybe???

AxeMaker,
It wouldn't be very hard to make a low profile ell. You could make it in two pieces where you have an inside half and an outside half (similar to a bulkhead connector).

Just some food for thought.

Ted

Maybe that air compressor would work. Might be a bit light, but at that price it might be worth a try.
Yeah it is on the bottom end of the mister's requirement... But I bought one anyway because I have an airbrush that I can use it with if the coolant mister doesnt work

How about using a tray to catch the coolant. Like one of your wife's old cookie sheets. Set it under the vise and run the drain out of it.

I dont think that would be feasible... the table on the mill is 48" X 9" with a 36" travel. I would need some large trays

Oil drip pan from your local auto parts or hardware store ;) Normally about 36 x 24 or so.

upload_2016-11-2_16-11-48.png

AxeMaker,
It wouldn't be very hard to make a low profile ell. You could make it in two pieces where you have an inside half and an outside half (similar to a bulkhead connector).

Just some food for thought.

Ted

The rod for the DRO is close to the table and there is a larger gap on the other side away from the table... so maybe some kind of modified barb type connector and hose.

Back