Resolved "brag list"

benmychree

John York
H-M Supporter Gold Member
How does one go about editing / updating the list of one's list of machinery that appears when we reply to posts?

Click on your name, and click on Signature. This will take you to the edit signature page.

I made some minor additions, and was advised that I am 550 characters more than allowed!

Yep, yrs ago as I remember it (probably during a XF update), there was a character limit set on Signatures, much shorter than what was previous allowed. I never brought it up internally cause no one ever complained about it. It's the reason why deleted my Signature & changed to list just my first name.

How does one go about editing / updating the list of one's list of machinery that appears when we reply to posts?
Morning, I'll post a tutorial on this and then move this thread to the General Support forum.

If I recall correctly, the limits are or were anyway set by the number of lines that your signature can take up. I just made some measurements and confirmed that the number of lines in one's Signature, at least so long as one has at least one blank line between the end of the signature and the "Report" and other options line, does not effect the amount of space taken up by each post. The only variable is the number of lines in the actual post.

But, in fact, I was notified that the "number of characters" exceeded the limit.

But, in fact, I was notified that the "number of characters" exceeded the limit.

Yes, last I remember it was set by character limit & not lines. Spaces also counted as characters as well as bbcode.

Funny thing is that I did not attempt to add anywhere near the 550 characters that I was told that I attempted to add ---

Back