[Lathe] Brain scratching a Hitachi Seiki HT-25 turning center

johneezreno

Registered
Registered
OT007 Z+ Overtravel HARD limit reached. Can't bring machine back to life. Having very limited knowledge as in none hasn't helped much. Control is a FANUC 10T
62579713de8cb41cb138be71f2d0a6a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

oh boy! I thought I was the only one who turned the "learning curve" into the "learning cliff" Im sure someone in the know will chime in soon.

Yup been trying every forum I can find. Lol. Its stuck / locked in this EMG mode and I'm thumbing through the manuals I have waiting for hopefully an answer that'll help.

Take a picture in side showing where the carriage is. It could be a bad limit switch.

It's been too long, and I never really spent much time on the CNC machines so I can't directly help, but I did find a video that could be related to your problem. It's also something that should be addressed in your manual.

Thank you. Yes I did find the same video. Did you watch part 2. Machine fixed. Lol. No idea how. It just worked. Maybe I'll have same luck in the morning.

You're very welcome. No, I did not go on to pt 2. I will, probably in the morning. If we can't get it figured out, I may have the phone numbers to reach some former acquaintances who may be able to help. I've been away from it a long time, but know people still at it daily. The 10T is a good control, IMO, and there are workarounds for just about everything. It's just not on all that many machines working in shops these days.

My other fun machine lesson has been a Brother TC-225. Conversational control. No G codes with that control. 30BT tooling.
c8f7857f829eb3ba877ad013ed386ae6.jpg

I never cared much for conversational controls, myself. But then, I've only been on a couple of different ones, and they both ran standard G code as well, so that's the mode they were left in most of the time. I think they have a place, it's just my preference.

For anyone who's looked at this post, I figured it out. While turning the ball screw by hand I noticed the drive belt pulley to the motor wasn't turning. There is a, must be safety thrust assembly that disengages pulley from screw. Luckily I had alignment Mark's. Lined them up. Pushed into place. Vualla! EMG went away because signal was met.
3792f595479bc104cd5cf2124aeb04a7.jpg

Back