Brand New Harbor Freight Band Saw Pulley Messed Up!!

Wisrianni

Registered
Registered
just got a new HF band saw and noticed a loud noise in the pulley housing opened it up took the pulley off put it in my lathe and bam saw this.
what a joke.

I would take my camera and the saw back to HF and tell them I want another one in exchange. I have had no issues with mine other than alignment of guides to cut straight. I fixed that myself with a shim in the right place. Also our local HF has no problem taking stuff back if within the warranty time.

I don't think you should be so fast in condemning HF so fast. These kind of things happen with many of the suppliers from time to time. I would first call your local store and see if they will just give you the pulley before you have to load the saw up and take the whole thing back. To be really nice they may even give you one off a saw they have in the store instead of waiting for one from their parts department. I guess I just don't let this kind of thing bother me to much if they handle the repairs. Seems odd that just the outer part of the pulley is all that is out of wack. Good luck !!!

I thought the same thing about only the outer part being out of wack. My first thought was maybe the saw took a good hit and bent the end of the pulley somehow. And if that was the case maybe the transmission had some problems because of it. That was why I suggested getting a different saw. Either way stuff does happen from time to time and I know I have had good experiences with HF and would not put them down over 1 or 2 problems with things.
My experience with Inspections of Parts in a production house is this. Depending on the quantity in a production run depends on how many they randomly check from that run. If they get no problems from the ones they check, then the whole batch is accepted. That does not mean that there are no bad ones. So on occasion someone will get a bad part. This happens even with the best manufacturers. It is when it happens quite often and with no help rectifying that I will say something bad.

Kinda makes one wonder if those aren't three separate pieces pressed together.......

Just a little run out then.

Looks a little like the had the part slip after the first two larger V grooves were cut.

Stuart

Only reason I thought it got dropped is because even the hole is running out on the end. I would have thought the hole would be running good on end if the V was turned off center.

Only reason I thought it got dropped is because even the hole is running out on the end. I would have thought the hole would be running good on end if the V was turned off center.

Ow, humm yeah, thats odd. I can't even imagine how that works. When ever I've seen aluminium that bent or bashed I would expect massive ripples where it's kinda squigge'd or maybe tearing.

Stuart

Just take the saw back and get another one. I always open things up in the store before I buy it if possible , if not when I get it in my truck before I leave.

Back