Brand new machine arrives in used condition.

I just emailed them to get a price list.
Those machines look great but you get what you pay for, no?

Yes, no free lunch, but you might be plesantly surprised at the cost difference. Tom has the ability to add options to your inquiry to sweeten the deal. You could find ACRA machines sold by Sterling machinery and alike but I would go right to the source first and compare price. Remember, Tom sells massive amounts and has wiggle room IMO. I'm not the haggling type but managed to pay $2K+ less for the same machine offered by other distributors. Like Richard King stated previously, Tom is a straight shooter and will support your machine into the future, something very important to me.

I purchased my first lathe new back in 2001 for $5k with a tapper attachment. That was a lot of money for me considering I was only welding/fabricating (side work) at the time and still had a child in school. The Brimingham 1440 (ML China) has served me well over the years without breaking. It has done everything I have asked of it knowing its limitations. After seventeen years, the time was right for me to purchase my last new lathe. I spend all of my free time in the shop and want to continue to do so into my golden years. I'm a working stiff like the rest of you fine men and blessed with plenty of side work to feed my addiction and more importantly a supportive wife. I don't watch sports as I feel theres too much to learn in life and my fire career has has exposed me to very ugly scenes I rather forget. The shop is my sanctuary from the hassles life throws at us and I'm at peace during this time. Simply put, shop time feeds my soul and I'm thankful every minute in the shop.

So ddickey, buy what you can afford and enjoy yourself as life is too short. I know from reading many other posts on this site that others share the same passion for shop time as I.
Sorry for the long reply, but my heart was controlling my fingers.
Keep us posted on your machine hunting.
Take care,
Paco

I asked for a price for the Taiwan made 14x40 labeled as the 1400SVS. I'm assuming shipping is included, $12,500.

I would not assume anything without talking with Tom. Your price is from a list right? If your ready to buy, give him a call and dial in the specifics to include shipping. Maybe send him an email first to see what he’s willing to work out with you, then call. I waited a little while after fist contact and he reached out and worked a deal. I think where you can come out ahead is on accessories for your machine.
Paco

Back